Chapter 1

It was a regular day in Aldera Junior High, Izuku was absentmindedly looking outside the window and listening to the teacher along with the rest of the class.

It was a nice day, the sun was shining behind a thin layer of clouds, subtle sounds of vehicles rushing down the road, birds chirping from the powerlines...

Wait, can birds get electrocuted if they stand on a powerline?

Suddenly his classmates burst into cheers, causing him to forget his train of thought. For a moment he jumped at the sudden sounds but quickly composed himself right after.

What was the teacher saying? Oh right, futures, career jobs, heroes, quirks-

"Hey Sensei! Don't lump me in with these losers! As if I had anything like their crappy quirks, heh." An arrogant voice shouted, Izuku knew exactly who it was.

"Ah, Bakugo. You of course must be aiming for U.A school, am I correct?"

That caused chaos among the students, who were now shouting in surprise."THE NATIONAL SCHOOL? I HEARD THEY RARELY ACCEPT ANYONE!?"

He buried his head in his arms and quietly mumbled, "Of course he's aiming for U.A, he's bragged about going there since we were kids. Not really much of a surprise..."

Izuku sighed in annoyance as he watched Bakugo start to brag about going to U.A, the rest of his classmates start to complain to him. He already knows that Bakugo would get into U.A, it's basically guaranteed. 

He had a strong and flashy quirk and had the best grades in their class, well, most of the time.

Izuku beats him in all academics but he can't really match him in subjects such as P.E or activities that require quirks, the world is cruel that way.

His chances of going to U.A are slim to none, he already accepted that. But isn't going to give up that easily, he could ace the written exam and try and manage to do a bit in the physical, hopefully.

And if all fails, well, he can settle going to general studies. Trying for the Hero course is his last effort in his pathetic dream of being a hero anyway.

"Ah, Midoriya... You're aiming for U.A too, am I correct?" The teacher added, Izuku looked up from the table to look at the teacher. He subtlety glanced at his classmates only to see them staring at him ridiculously.

Ah, shoot.

"Well..." Izuku started, but everyone had already started to laugh. He quickly shuts his mouth knowing talking will only make the teasing worse, and probably make Bakugo mad.

Oh, speaking of the ash blond. He cautiously turned his gaze to Bakugo, oh he is pissed.

"Seriously Deku? I thought I told you not to apply!" Bakugo yelled, making him reflexively flinch. An explosion met his table forcefully, he tried to not jump and stay in his chair but he failed.

The explosion pushed him to the classroom floor, Bakugo was standing in front of him along with the rest of his dear classmates.

"Forget those extras crappy quirks, you're quirkless." He states, emphasizing the last word with venom. "You think you can stand toe-to-toe with me?"

And there he goes again with his superiority (maybe inferiority?) complex. Always trying to make others feel inferior to him.

Now, how can he explain to him that this is going to be his last-ditch effort to being a hero without making him mad or rallying up the whole class to laugh at him?

"N-no... Bakugo. T-that's not what I-" He says with a stutter, he thought he got better with suppressing that, but old habits die hard. "Y-you know it's been my d-dream since I was a kid... A-and, there's no harm in trying, r-right?"