Chapter 2

"I AM HERE! AHAHA! I AM HERE! AHAHA! I AM- Beep."

Izuku reached out tiredly and pressed the off button on his alarm clock to stop the custom ringtone. He laid on the bed for a couple of minutes basking in the silence of his room before opening his eyes.

Looking up at his clock, he saw it was 5:51 am in the morning. He grabbed his phone from the bedside table and checked the date; Saturday.

No school, and that means he has two choices. One, he could either sleep in, get more rest, avoid the responsibilities that comes with being awake in the land of the living and relax for once. Or two, get up and be a responsible teenager.

Ah. Choices, choices, choices...

He sighed and sat up, he pulled his blanket away from his body and got up for the day.

He yawned lazily and stretched his arms, hearing a few pops from his bones and turned to his closet to dress. Sporting a white t-shirt labelled 't-shirt' in the front and black jogging pants, he headed to the dinner table for breakfast.

Quickly greeting his mom with a short good morning, Izuku sat down at the dinner table and began to eat his eggrolls. The TV was on behind him, it was on the Hero news channel talking about all the latest villain attacks that had happened yesterday.

Izuku and his mother ate in comfortable silence as they half-heartedly listened to the news on the television. Izuku's mind was wondering about how he would make his next hero notebook when his mother spoke to him conversationally.

"Mitsuki suddenly hung up on the phone yesterday saying she got a call from the police about Katsuki." His mother said with concern, placing a clump of rice into her mouth.

"What? Why?" Izuku asks curiously, he eyes darted to his mother with confusion etched into his face.

"I don't know." She responded with worry in her voice, "I tried to call her afterwards but she didn't respond."

Izuku blinked and looked at his food then answered lamely, "Oh."

Izuku mind wondered on what Bakugo might have done to catch the attention of the police.

"Have you tried calling Uncle Marasu?" Izuku asked his mother.

He could have just accidentally let out his quirk on accident. Bakugo did have a bad habbit of letting out small explosions on his palm whenever he's extremely angry or irritated, which is technically considered quirk use.

"Yes, but he didn't answer either. I'm getting worried... What if something terrible happened?"

"I doubt something that bad happened to him, he probably just accidentally let his quirk out in front of a strict police officer or something." Izuku shrugged and continued eating.

"Maybe, but I'll still try and call Mitsuki later after breakfast to check if everything is alright-" His mother continued, then she stopped. Her eyes were concentrated on something behind him, filled with horror.

Izuku raised an eyebrow at her then followed her gaze to the TV.

There he saw on the screen was a large sludge-like villain plopped down in the middle of a burning street with blazing hot flames and ashes dancing in the air. It had large creepy teeth and eyes that vaguely looked like a face and was holding a person with blond hair inside its sludge.

He frowned as it took him a few seconds to understand what was going on. At first, it only seemed like a regular hostage situation gone terribly bad, until he realised who that person with the blond hair was. Izuku froze as he watched the news.