0.1

Little One

"Daddy!" I called out as I ran towards the boats Floki built, he turned around and smiled at me.
Once I was in arms length he opened his arms and engulfed me in a warm hug.

"Hello Little One" he said softly, only so I could hear. I heard Floki chuckle and step into one of the boats.

I looked up at my father and frowned, "Oh what's wrong? Hmm?" He asked. I looked into his icy blue eyes and started playing with his beard.

"How are you to defeat the Frankish without me!" I ask him very frustrated. The men and Shield Maidens let out loud laughs and called out things, telling me that when I'm older I will fight along side my father, Ragnar Lothbrok.

He just smiled at me and then put me back on my feet, he booped my nose and held my chin in his fingers.

"You will grow to be one of the most fierce Shield Maidens Norway will have ever known" he cooes, I smile and he plants a kiss on my forehead.

I giggle and smile brightly at him, "Just like Largatha?" I questioned.
"Just like Largatha"

Years passed and instead of my father teaching me to battle my five brothers did.
Hvitserk was easy on me, so was Ubbe.
They thought I was fragile just because I am the princess.

Ivar, Sigurd and Bjorn though were ruthless, Ivar wanted me to always be alert, throwing his axe at me at the most surprising moments narrowly missing me.

Sigurd would make sure I knew how to stand my ground whilst in battle and Bjorn was the worst.

Whenever he was around he would take me out in the early hours of night and train me until I was weak and bruised.

Using his body to make me stronger, rushing me while I held my shield even smashing his axe into it.

I was more than just a princess and my brothers made sure of that since our father disappeared ten years ago.

We were all at the hall when we hear  a commotion outside.

Ubbe looks at Ivar and pulls a face, Hvitserk to Sigurd and Sigurd to me.
"Well aren't you going to have a look" my mother says as she smiles at Ivar.

I wait for one of them to get up but get impatient, I stand out of my chair and soon Sigurd follows then the rest.

Ubbe takes the lead outside and we all follow.
They make sure I am in the middle so no one can touch me.

I feel Hvitserk grab my wrist to make sure I am staying close by as we push threw the crowd.
I scoff at him and he turns around to scold me, before he does so I pull out my axe. Ready for anything.

Once we push threw all the people, my stomach drops and heart beat quickens.
I look at Hvitserk then to Sigurd who were on either side of me.

"It can't be" I say aloud which catches the attention of none other than our father.

His eyes widen as he takes us in. He walks over to us, hand out as if reaching for our souls.
I take a step back, feeling frightened and bump into a slave girl.

Ragnar sees this and stops.
It's like I've seen a ghost from my past because that's exactly what he is.

He then shouts about "Who wants to be king"
I spit on the ground near his left foot when he stabs his sword in the ground.

He walks over to my brothers and I, once he reaches us he is so close to my face I can smell his breath and it's not pleasant.

"What about you Y/N" he taunts.
I stand up stronger and step closer to him, he smiles to himself.

"Do you want to become Queen" he says lowly.
I move to go grab his sword but someone pulls on my wrist, stopping me.

I roll my eyes and turn around expecting it to be Hvitserk but to my surprise it was Ubbe.

I rip my wrist from his grip and push past him and my other brothers.

I am packing a few things to go to the cabin when I hear someone behind me, I reach for my dagger in my boot and throw at the person behind me, narrowly missing them.

Well almost, I grazed their ear just enough to draw blood.
I then realise it's Ragnar, and I quickly turn around and continue packing.

"Leaving....so soon Little One?" He says aloud and ignore him, just throwing random things into my satchel.

He then walks closer to me and touches my shoulder, I freeze and then push him off me.

"Why do you not look at me" he wonders.
I make a disapproving sound and push him harshly.

"You leave my brothers and I for ten years and expect us to welcome you with open arms!" I yell getting angry.

I turn to him and see he is looking at the ground, Ubbe then slowly enters the room making sure I don't do anything stupid.

"You know I thought about this day for so long ever since you left, I thought I'd be filled with happiness and joy upon your return.

But all I feel is disgust and rage. I longed for your hugs and stories for many years as have my brothers and mother.
I longed for the day my father would come home and tell me of his adventures he had while he was off loosing his mind!" I scream at him.

Ubbe walks closer to me and gives me a warning look, "Y/N" he says sternly.
"No Ubbe. He needs to hear this"

Rangar then looks up at me and I see tears in his eyes, he must of thought I'd shut up if I saw them.

"You promised me you'd teach me hoe to battle. All I ever wanted was to be taught by The Ragnar Lothbrok to battle.

All I wanted was you to be here and watch me grow but you were selfish and decided to leave me. But don't worry my brothers raised me better than you ever could"

I yell and then walk out of the room, my mother then walks over to me as I grab enough food to last me until I got to the cabin.

"Where are you going Y/N?" She questions but I ignore her.
"Y/N!" Hvitserk calls out but I keep walking.

I will not stay anywhere near the man that broke so many promises.