Alternative Ending

Central City - Bar

Barry sat at a semi-crowded bar, alone, hunched over his single beer. He had been staring at his drink since he had gotten it, and had yet to take a single sip. He tried hard to concentrate on the water droplets that leaked on the outside, yet his mind still couldn't help but get drawn back to the events that had just unfolded only hours ago. Being so clouded in thought, he failed to notice the woman that appeared seemingly out of thin air.

"This seat taken?"

Barry was first taken by surprise when he saw the stranger, but evidently smiled when he realized, in fact, she was not a stranger.

"Hey Kara." He smiled, "No, no one is sitting there."

Kara took a seat and smiled at Barry, "You left in such a hurry after you revealed that cool new table of ours; you hardly gave me a chance to talk to you."

"Yeah sorry about that, I just really wanted to get down here before they closed." Barry explained.

Kara smiled, "Well you look lonely."

Kara rose up her hand to signal the bartender for a drink.

The two sat together for a moment, enjoying the pleasant atmosphere before Kara interrupted.

"This is nice."

"What is?" Barry questioned.

"This. Just you and me, alone again." Kara smiled, feeling slightly embarrassed, "Reminds me of the good old days."

Barry chuckled at her comment, "I have to agree with you on that."

"I love this bar too." Kara looked around, "It's small and quiet, and really gives you a chance to breathe and unwind a little."

Barry smiled, "Yeah it does. God knows we need that. Especially now, with everything crazy that goes on."

"I know right. I remembered back when it use to be just you, me, Kal, and Oliver against the world, but now it seems like there are hundreds of us scattered everywhere and that it just makes everything feel so big."

"You couldn't be any more right." Barry laughed, "I mean look at us. We've gone from fighting b-list villains kidnapping your boss to now fighting some multiversal god vent on destroying the universe. When did things get so strange."

"You run at the speed of light and I can fly; you honestly didn't expect things to eventually get to this point?" Kara questioned.

Barry let out a smile of embarrassment, "I guess you have a point, I just never expected it to be... whatever this is."

Kara cracked a laugh, "Oh man, it's been so long since I've had a fun conversation with you Barry."

Barry laughed, "Yeah you're right. With all these new heroes popping up everywhere, I hardly ever get the chance to see you. Speaking of, you and Kate seemed to have really hit it off."

"Yeah we did. She's a cool person, and with her cousin being literally, The Dark Knight, I feel like she and I can really relate." Kara explained, "We're even thinking of doing a crossover together at some point."

"A crossover?" Barry raised an eyebrow, "Should I be jealous?"

Kara cracked a loud laugh, "Are you?"

"A little." Barry joked, but didn't completely lie, "You're supposed to be my crossover buddy."

Kara's laughter died down slightly, "I'm sorry."

"No it cool, I'm thinking of doing a crossover with Jefferson at some point too." Barry revealed.

Kara gave him a smile, before slowly turning it into a small frown, "Looks like we both have busy schedules going forward."

Barry began to slowly develop a smile of his own, "Yeah you're right, makes me wonder..."

"If this might mean you and I will get less time to hang out." Kara finished.

"I hope it doesn't." Barry commented, "You and I already don't get to see each other that much and now that Oliver is... It just feels like I'm losing my team."

Kara placed a supporting hand on Barry's shoulder, "I know Barry; I miss him too. He was our teammate."

Barry began to tear up slightly, be was quick to rub the tears away, and gave Kara a smile to show her he was ok, "You know he always hated 'The Trinity' brand."

"He did?"

"Yeah. He told me once that he didn't think a guy like him should be on the team."

Kara laughed, "Why? Because he had no powers?"

Barry laughed and nodded his head.

"What did you tell him?" Kara asked.

"I told him he was crazy. I told him that out of all of us in the room, he was the most qualified and deserving one to be on the team." Barry chuckle, "I'm really going to miss him."

Kara reached over and wrapped her arms around Barry tightly, "Me too, and even if we don't get to see one another that much, we're still partners, and we have each other."

Barry hugged Kara back and let himself relax for a bit before breaking off.

The two had a moment of silence before Kara got an idea. She took her beer and raised it slightly.

"I feel like Oliver deserves a toast from his teammates." Kara stated.

Barry gave her a warm smile and raised his bottle.

Kara started, "To Oliver Queen; the greatest hero, the greatest partner,..."

"And the greatest friend." Barry finished.

The two touched their bottles together and each drank.

"Thank you for being here for me Kara."

"Hey, The Trinity might be disbanded, but that doesn't mean I'm not still your buddy."

Barry gave her a smile before going back to enjoying his beer. He took a moment to appreciate the moment he had with her, seeing as this might be the last time he sees or talks to her in awhile.

"Hey, I don't know if anyone's said this, but I really like what you've done with your hair."

"Yes, finally someone noticed! Thank You!"