RESENTMENT. 02

CHAPTER TWO OF
RESENTMENT ...

" Well Nadja, I don't know what to tell you. The outfits for the model look.. cheap. She looks like she's gonna faint, it's cutting off her circulation."

Semaj was critiquing the wardrobe for their latest issue of their magazine.

She didnt like the outfits one bit, it didn't speak to her. The outfits look as though they were just thrown together by someone who had no experience; didn't care about the fashion world.

" This is our halloween issue people. You guys are slacking this year and frankly I don't employee slackers. You all have 24 hours to bring me new everything, for this issue. Health & beauty will be reduced to 6 pages instead of 8. The getaway page needs to be written over it bores me."

Semaj threw papers in the garbage, everything wasn't worth being put in their halloween issue.

Semaj was very prestigious with her work. That's why Freya hired her and quickly got her promoted. She knew what needed to be done and executed it perfectly every time.

" Why is everyone still here?! Go. I need everything on my desk before I get in."

Semaj shoo'd everyone away making them quickly leave the room and run back to their departments to work all over again.

Semaj grabbed her things and walked her way up to the receptionist desk. She was ready to go home and finish the rest of her work there as well as spend time with her daughter, whenever Freya completed all her work for the day she would watch Semaj's daughter while she worked.

" Olivia, hold my calls. I'll be working from home today. If it's important tell them to email me. Thank you love."

Semaj smiled as she grabbed her mail going through it as she made her way to the elevator, bumping into someone half her size.

" I'm sorry." Semaj spoke looking up to meet eyes with a familiar face.

" Don't I know you from somewhere?"

Her face scrunched up as the guy chuckled.

" Yea that beach party a few days ago. Deontae, it's Semaj isn't it?"

He smiled , everything clicked as Semaj took in his appearance.

He had a clean look to him, despite the tattoos that wrapped around his arms heavily. He was good looking for sure.

" Yea, I remember you. What are you doing here?" Semaj questioned as she put her mail inside of her tote bag.

" I'm here to see Freya, we were supposed to go out to this party thing she wanted me to attend. But now that you're here, we should go instead."

Deontae smirked, making Semaj scoff and walk past him.

Too bad his good looks go to waste by being such a fuckboy. Semaj thought.

" I'm good, Freya isn't here though. Why don't you invite the girl from last night instead? "

Semaj scoffed walking into the elevator as everyone else started walking out.

Deontae followed close by entering the elevator with Semaj.

" Well do you know where she is ?" Deontae smacked his teeth.

Semaj shrugged as she started going through her emails on her phone trying to tune out Deontae as he took the time to take in Semaj's appearance.

Semaj was very short compared to all her other friends but she had the body on her. Everything was proportionate. Being that she had a baby, all the weight left and went into the right places after she popped her daughter out.

" Nice seeing you again Deontae , hope you find Freya."

Semaj quickly exited the elevator making her way to the garage for her car.

She could feel Deontae's eyes piercing through her. As if he was trying to figure her out, well so she thought. She knew most of it was being that he was checking her out, something he didn't really get a chance to do at the beach party as he was to busy mingling with other women.

"Men..."