Chapter 10

The wind blew past Sophie's ear tickling the shell. As if it were a faint whisper that was calling her. Her boots pounded against the soft, green grass. The green blanket flattening under the soul of her foot as she sprinted towards Fitz's house. The blue sky danced over her like a flamingo dancer and her bongos. The sun peered high overhead giving a bright aura.

On any other day, Sophie would have enjoyed this. She would be resting under the shade a certain tree. Looking across her parents' pastures. The wind would lightly brush against the roots of her hair. She could imagine a certain blond-haired and sky-blue-eyed boy. He would crack a corny joke or make a cheesy pun. Something like, Foster isn't the weather fern-tastic. As ridiculous as the joke was, it would always bring a light smile to her distressed face. She imagined he would beam with pride after he was able to crack a grin to the said girl's face.

Tears threatened to escape from Sophie's eyes as she thought of Keefe. His handsome features, his bright, eye smile, his lighthearted jokes, and even his cocky attitude. But what Sophie missed most of all, was his heart. She missed what was inside all of his glory. She missed all of his perfect imperfections. His scars. His broken heart. His messed up mind. She loves all of him. Even when he was crying, he was beautiful, too. Oh, how she missed him.

Sophie's feet came to a halt like a horse crossing the finish line. She was peering in front of the gates of Evergleen. Sophie couldn't remember the last time she was here. 

Sophie had originally called Fitz on her imparter to let her know she was coming. Now, she stepped into the rather larger building. As she walked allong the corridors, she saw everything the way she left it. Everything was the same. 

Except one thing.

Something was different this time. She didn't feel the nervousness she had originally felt when she came here the first time in front of the council. She wasn't excited like she originally came to see Biana and saw Fitz too. No. Nothing felt the same anymore.

It was Sophie.

Sophie felt different. She was not the same girl that would gain butterflies in her stomach whenever Fitz said something. Instead, she felt empty. Sophie had reached the living room and saw Fitz in there. He looked up and displayed his captivating face. She admired every single one of his features. She had flashbacks of when she met Fitz for the first time. How he looked much better looking than a normal human would. That was until she realized he was really and elf.

Sophie took a deep breath as she stepped towards the sofa where he sat, sprawled out like there was no care in this world. This action sparked something in Sophie. Maybe it was hate, maybe it was disappointment, or maybe she was just overreacting. As Sophie sate down next to Fitz, she made sure to put some distance in between them. FItz opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by Sophie.

"Don't say anything, please."

That was all she said before she fell into his warm embrace. Tears started forming in her eyes, again. She sat there and weeped for a while. Then, she stopped. Sophie moved her head from Fitz's chest and stared straight into his sea blue eyes. Everything stopped. But, what happened next was something that surprised Fitz. It even surprised Sophie.

********************************

I'm so sorry guys. I've been having writers block so the updates may be slower from now on. Thank you all for your support!