Part 13❤️

Krishna
—-
"But, Kris! You don't understand!!" Joyce bawled as she wiped her running nose.

"I do understand, which is why I told you NOT to date them both, but you never wanna listen to me til it's to late!" I said rolling my eyes.

It had been an hour since everything had happened and she hadn't stopped crying yet.

I'm terrible with crying people, I don't know how to help. So her crying her eyes out and looking towards me for comfort was making me irritated.

"Look, I might have company later, so no doing that." I said pointing at her tear stained face.

"But-" " 'but' my ass, drop it!" I said throwing down the soggy dish towel into the sink.

I jogged up the stairs and started to tidy up a bit.

I had never offered someone to come over so I didn't know how she would expect things to look.

So, I was stuck scrubbing the whole house..
—————————
Shay
————
I sat quietly on the bed as Mali'ki went on and on about the reasons he didn't trust me and why he would never let me leave the house unless it was for work reasons.

Silence.

That's what I craved so badly right now.

His voice was beginning to sound like a scratched record player in my head, telling me the same thing over and over again until I couldn't take it.

"I get it Mali'ki!" I groaned.

He turned around and stared a hole into me as a look of anger washed over his distressed face.

I myself was shocked at the out burst.

He wrapped his gigantic palm around my neck and yanked me closer to him.

"That nigga Lucas got you talking real smart huh?" He said not blinking, just continued to stare.

He squeezed his hand tighter as he looked me in my eyes.

A thought of apologizing instantly circled my head.

But I was so tired of living my life in fear.

So tired of not being able to be just 22 years old.

Tired of feeling like He might just might snap one day and kill me.

So very tired...

Since I was close to the nightstand, it was easy for me to reach anything on it.

I started feeling around for something to grab while he was distracted.

His grip was getting tighter, by now, he was choking me with both hands.

My voice was stuck as my breath left my body with each passing second.

My vision was getting hazy and I was seeing white and black dots everywhere.

I felt like I was drowning. Drowning in fear.

Just as I felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

My fingertips grazed a hard pole.

Not thinking about what it was, I gripped it and swung as hard as I could at his head with it.

Then I could breathe again.

A lamp? Good one!

I thought looking down at the object that could have just saved my life.

Mali'ki was on the ground stumbling trying to gain his footing back.

I didn't have much breath left from the choking, but I ran as quick as I could.