6. Percy Crashes Dinner

N I C O

"SURRENDER!! And let my cousin go!" Percy yelled. He was looking fierce, and his Celestial Bronze sword was in his hand and ready to get swung.

I used a shadow to push the truth serum out of my mouth and onto the floor. Disgusting, I know. First time I ever tried anything like that.

"Ew," Percy said, "is that your thanks?"

"Yes," I wiped my mouth, "want more?"

"Hold on!" Peg Leg said. Just then I remembered Peg Leg's name was Moody. Molly had called him that when she brought my sandwiches. Well he certainly is moody.

Moody brandished his wand at Percy.

Percy stared at it and he lowered his sword, like he was realizing he didn't really need it.

"Whoa, you were right Nico, they really do use sticks. I thought you meant like, clubs or something."

"Who are you?" Moody snarled at him.

Percy blinked at him, "I'm Nico's cousin of course! Tremble and fear before me weirdly dressed monsters! For I am PERCY JACKSON!!!"

"Um, who?" someone asked.

Percy looked stunned, "I've slayed more than two hundred monsters! And you! You humanlike monsters don't know who I am?" Then he paused and looked embarrassed, "Oh gods that was so show-offy. I don't mind...it's just weird. Most smaller monsters just run away from me now."

"They're not monsters," I told him.

Percy looked flabbergasted, "What? Then why are they dressed like that? And he looks like a pirate!" He pointed at Moody.

"They're wizards," I told him.

"You mean...offspring of Hecate? Or sorcerers like Circe?"

"I don't—"

"Stupefy!" Moody yelled.

Percy ducked and it sailed over his head. He looked behind him, "What was that? Did he call me stupid in another language?"

"No, that was a spell," I said, "they don't hurt me though."

"Oh," Percy said, "well, we should go. Annabeth'll ground me again if I don't get back soon."

We started to go out the door. Percy  "Ms. O'Leary's waiting out—"

"STUPEFY!" Moody yelled suddenly.

Percy jumped to the right, but the spell still hit. Striking his Achille's Heel.