~Masked Intrusion~

This one is a little bit more sensual and maybe romantic? Ha! I don't know, you tell me when you reach the end! It is a little bit creepy, p.s. 

Enjoy. 

~

~Bonnie~ 

He always came during the last week of the month. For nearly a year that's how it's always been. Last week of the month...a random weekday. Always in the middle of the night. I always wondered if he watched me for a few days before coming. It's what I had wondered every day last month of the last week. But he hadn't came. Eight weeks had passed with nothing. I missed him.

And even though I missed him, I told myself that this month would be different. I wouldn't go to sleep every night that last week and wait for him in anticipation until I fell asleep. I wouldn't subject myself to feeling sad and heartbroken again. I told myself it didn't matter that I had ended a four year relationship for him-because I couldn't handle looking at my boyfriend and knowing what had happened...what was going to keep happening and what was still. Well, except for last month.

So the weeks went by, the missed week, and the weeks after that and now it was time again. Three days were already gone from our week. I tried not to think of it...the first day it had been easy-going to work and then going to classes before coming home. Yesterday had been harder, today had been hell.

By the time I got home, it was almost eight PM. My chest ached, my belly fluttered at the possibility. I dropped my bag of books beside the door and kicked my flats off. When I had first moved into the small two bedroom house, I'd had a roommate. But my friend had graduated a year before me and had moved onto bigger better things. I didn't mind the quiet and seclusion.

I went straight to the fridge and grabbed for a bottle of wine. Today had been stressful...and I could hardly think of tomorrow going the same way. I poured a glass to the rim and took it down the hall with me to the bathroom. I managed to drink down half as I ran a bath and got undressed. I looked over my body before I got in. I was mixed, coffee colored skin, brown curls, golden eyes. My mother was half Dominican and my father, white. I'd been blessed with an in-between complexion.

Once I was down in the scolding hot water, I pondered the thought of falling asleep right there in the tub. Really considered it when the rest of my wine was consumed and I felt tingly and airy. Before things cooled down too much, I scrubbed every inch of my body and spent an ample amount of time on my hair. I'd done it every night this week, I'd just ignored the reason I was doing it.

Fifteen minutes later, I was out, dried and dressed in a tank top and night shorts. I grabbed the half eaten pint of ice cream from the freezer and ate the rest while standing in the kitchen. Usually right now, I would sit in my living room, turn the TV on and study for a little bit but I found myself yawning when I finished my treat and threw the empty container in the trash.

Before I went to my bedroom, I shut off all of the lights-except a small one above the stove, and checked the locks. I went to bed with that same feeling of nerves in my belly. Tonight wouldn't be the night either.

~

The following day went just like I had imagined it would; class, work, a casual dinner with one of my University friends where a bit of studying was done. I dropped my bag and kicked my shoes off in the same place I had the night before. Tonight, I watched an hour of TV and finished up a paper before going to have a bath. The routine was the same; wine and relax, wash and rinse, dry and dress.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 05, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

One Shots By Luजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें