Reality

Jennie's POV

"It's expected to have mild rain tonight so bring your umbrellas and stay indoor." The radio announced as I was driving back home.

Today, I was came back home, earlier than expected.

My business trip ended faster than I thought.

It was 2 am when I arrived and I tiresomely dragged myself inside.

"I miss Lisa." I thought to my head as I was opening the door.

Placing all my things down, I immediately planned on going to our room.

However, something caught my attention, waking me up, as I opened the lights.

No. Actually.

It was someone, her co-worker, whom I knew that had been crushing on Lisa for a long time.

She was walking to the kitchen, with her messy hair, and oversized shirt.

Fuck.

Thoughts ran over my head and they were bad thoughts that anyone would think of when they see what I saw.

"Jen?!?" She asked with a surprised voice.

I was left speechless, and before I knew it tears started dripping down.

I ran outside, running anywhere I can.

Lost but I didn't care.

I didn't want to go back there.

I continued running to no where and before I knew it, I was already soaked in the rain.

Oh yeah. It was gonna rain. I blankly thought.

Passing through people, running against them, my feet ran to nowhere.

Until I got tired, I stopped somewhere in the middle of nowhere, crying my eyes out.

Moments later, a slim figure ran to me.

It was her, the one who I despise the most.

I ignored her and started walking away but she pulled me closer to her.

"Jennie." She called for me, with pain in her voice, but I didn't respond.

Tired of crying, emotionless because of pain, I stared at her blankly.

"Can't we just......start all over again?" Her voice weakened, as tears started to drop one by one.

I felt numbness all over my body. I tried to respond but something blocked my voice.

Something inside me couldn't speak like I was caged.

But truthfully, it was because I had nothing to say.

Everything just felt like nothing.

Is it because of my soaking wet body?

Is it because of the painful memories?

Is it because of our sad ending?

I wasn't sure anymore, but I was certain of one thing.

I am tried.

I am tired of understanding.

I am tired of forgving.

I am tired holding on.

I am tired of hoping.

I am tired of loving.

I am tired of everything.

At that moment, I closed me eyes, allowing tears to once again flow with the rain.

Third POV

Under the pouring rain, two lost souls, standing in the middle of no where, stayed in silence.

Because sometimes silence is the best answer.

And sometimes silence is the only answer.

Eyes were staring at them but both didn't care.

With one wanting to hold on and the other waiting for the day to finish, the two stood under the pouring rain.

Finally, tired of everything, the one holding decided to let go.

Realizing how fucked up she was, she let go.

And the moment they let go, they both knew that they became strangers....with memories.

With no words from both, just teary eyes, they both let go.

Sometimes, there are things that no matter how much you try to fix it......it will still remain broken.

Situations where now matter how much effort you give, nothing will change.

Because sometimes, not all fairy tales have happy endings.

And not all real love will stay forever....

because that's......

reality.