Gehenna

I wake up, with my head on Jay's shoulder, and his arm around my waist. I look up as Dad walks in with two mugs of coffee, handing me one before sitting down across from Jay and I. I turn as Jay stirs, turning his head so that it's against my shoulder.

"Morning you two" Dad says, sipping his coffee.

Morning dad," Jay tries to bury his head further into my shoulder.

"He's not much of a morning person," Dad remarks, with an amused tone is his voice as he watches.

"Yeah I kinda figured that out."

"So you guys are really into each other then?"

"You fucking bet." Jay mumbles from my shoulder and I laugh.

"Damn. Okay, well just don't hurt her, Weinberg. Remember this: whatever you do to her, I'll do the same to you."

"I'll try and remember that," he says, sitting up and brushing his messy hair out of his face.

"You better fucking remember it." Corey says, using what I assume is his 'threatening dad voice'.

"Yes sir, I will definitely remember that." Jay goes from 'cool metal band drummer' to 'terrified boyfriend' when dad changes his tone, and I laugh.

When I get up to take mine and Dad's mugs to wash them, I look at the tour calendar hanging on the cabinet. Tonight's show is in West Palm Beach, and tomorrow nights show is in Tampa. After that we have two days off.

After I wash the two mugs, I put them back into the cabinet and walk over to the fridge and grab three bottles of water. I head back to the lounge, closing the door behind me and sitting down, handing Dad and Jay each a bottle of water as I do so.

We only have about 15 minutes until soundcheck, so we get ready to go in. Dad is already dressed, so he goes inside to meet up with the guys while Jay and I stay behind to get dressed. Today I'm wearing high waisted shorts with a crop top and sandals. After I get dressed, I meet Jay at the front of the bus, and when he sees me, he looks me up and down, his eyes taking in every inch of my slim figure.

"Wow." Is all he manages to say. I smile and laugh as I take his hand, intertwining our fingers. We make our way inside, and find the rest of the guys gathered on the stage, getting their in-ears out of the storage box. We go up and join them, and after we get them in, we get what we need- Dad and I grab our mics; Mick, Jim, and Alex get their guitars and some picks; and Jay, Clown, and Chris get their drumsticks. Everyone takes their place on the stage. We end up doing The Burden, Dead Memories, Before I Forget, Left Behind, and Purity.

We have a few hours before the show starts, so Jay and I decide to go explore the city. As we're walking around, we end up going to a somewhat nice restaurant for lunch.

"Since this is our first real date, I figured we should go somewhere nice," Jay says after we order. I smile as he reaches across the table and takes my hand. While he does that, he pulls out his phone and takes a picture of our hands. We sit and talk while we wait for our food to come, our hands never leaving each others, and he takes my other hand. We talk about pretty basic things: bands we like, TV shows we watch, hobbies, things like that. Eventually our food comes, and we continue to talk as we eat. After we finish eating, Jay pays and we head out. We walk down the street, hand in hand, and we end up going back to the venue so we could be back before people started gathering around outside.

When we get inside, we see that we're the first two back. Jay looks at me before flopping down onto the couch and pulling me with him. I look into his deep brown eyes, smiling as I run my hands through his silky, dark hair. He returns the favor, but he also pulls me a little closer so that our lips meet each others. I smile into the kiss as his hands run down my back, stopping at the small of it, his hands warm and comforting against my skin. My hands continue to run through his thick hair, and I feel the roughness of his beard against my mouth. We fall into pace pretty quickly, but it is suddenly ended when the door opens. We look up, and see Dad.