Welcome to Virginia Beach Hall

I would just like to add all characters belong to bracken unless otherwise noted! -Purple

 When we pull up to the house that should be my house for the next 2 and a bit years I'm nervous. The nervousness goes away immediately, when I see a woman with white blond hair, and a VERY smiley face come outside. She waves. I get out of the car, and grab my duffel bag. "Hi, I'm Cate Connor, but you can call me Cate" She says smiling. She smells like rosemary, and her slender fingers wrap around mine and squeeze tight. She shows me inside her house, it is a small  ranch with an upstairs. 

She leads me to my room. It has one bed, a desk, a dresser, and a small closet. More than enough space. "We can do whatever you want with it, it is just white because I didn't know what I would do with it, when. I nod, I haven't had my own room in years not since Grams's house. Then Cat goes down and talks with my social worker Della. I flop on my bed, and stair up at the ceiling. The room will be nice painted but I don't want to be a burden. I walk down stairs as soon as I see Della's car drive away.

 I walk into what I think the living room is. There is a boy sitting there who looks basically absorbed in his tablet. I walk through the room and into the kitchen. Cate looks up, and says, "Have you met Nico yet?" "Nope" I mutter, and nod toward the boy in the other room. "Is he Nico?" I ask. "yup" Cate cheerfully agrees. "Nico can you come in here and greet your new half-sibling please" Cate practically sings. Nico walks in here and says"Yo" I wave. He then stalks back into to the other room. At dinner that night I learn that Nico is in 8th Grade VBH(Virginia beach hall), the same school I will be attending, for my sophomore year. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                         Next morning

I wake up in an unfamiliar room, then realize that I am at Cate's house and not my parents. I look at the clock, and I'm already late way to make good impressions Ruby, I think to myself. I quickly throw my near black hair into a messy bun, and yank on a pair of jeans and hoodie. I rush downstairs to see Cate getting breakfast ready. "Hey I were just looking for you" Cate announces, I grab the smoothie she hands me and rush out the door.  " see you later alligator" I here from the door.

I run down the driveway just as the bus pulls up. Nico doesn't even flinch and continues scrolling through his phone, like every day, stressed out 16 year olds run down his driveway. As the bus pulls up I climb aboard after Nico, and the bus driver booms "I'm Jim you look new what's your name?" "I'm Ruby" I murmur. He nods and gives me the peace sign, "go on towards the back with the rest of the high schoolers, we don't want to scare the 5th graders" he adds in a whisper. I move to the back of the bus, and plop in what I thought what was an empty seat. But just my luck a boy is sitting there. "How's it going darlin'?"