"Respect and Shit"

After what seems like eternity which is really only 4 periods long I have lunch. Hurrah another space where I get to show off my socially awkwardness!

Opting to go to the library and read instead of make a fool of myself I start heading in the opposite direction of the cafeteria. 

Unfortunately I bump into Vida. 

"Where the hell are you going? What they call the cafeteria, is this way!" Before I can even respond she grabs my arm and pulls me to a table. 

"Hi everyone this is Ruby, she's new so treat her with respect and all that shit,"  she points to Nico who waves at me, a boy name who is apparently named Jude. As soon as I though the day couldn't get weirder, it did. 

"Ah, Chubs." Vida's voice is smoother than I'd ever heard it go. Granted I had only met the girl about and hour ago, but I couldn't help feeling that she never quite spoke like this. Chubs, however looked amused, before looking at me and scowling.

Honestly, what had I done to this boy?! Nothing absolutely nothing. Looking away abashedly, I rolled my eyes. What was this boys problem? Taking an aggressive bite of my sandwich I couldn't be bothered to see the same boy who had walked me to the office.

Liam. Before sitting down at another table, he came by, just to check out and make sure that the littlest girl at our table was okay. She had been quiet for the most of the 25 minutes of blissful nourishment hour. 

Her name was Zu, and from what I gathered she was selectively mute. Communicating using paper only. She was in 6th grade, but the school we were all forced to go to, really encouraged 10  year olds and 18 year olds to mingle, especially in the hell that is lunch. 

Wow, this was short, but after three months I updated!! 

I'll try to get on that, DM's are always open lovelies!!

--Purple