(S1 E3) Holiday In the Fog

Twas the night before the holiday week, and all throughout the academy not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse... except for four students. They made their way towards a small shack and began their scheme.

Odd and Clementine snuck their way inside the shack with a wriggling backpack in Odd's hands. Meanwhile, Ulrich and Jeremie were busy outside. Clementine could hear the metallic whooshing of the paint cans vandalizing the outside wall of the shack. After some time, Clementine saw Ulrich give her a thumbs up from the ajar door, meaning that their scheme was ready to go underway.

"Ulrich gave me the signal," whispered Clementine. Odd nodded at her and opened his bag. Out came a chihuahua-looking dog: Odd's secret pet named Kiwi. Pets were not allowed in Kadic Academy, but Odd kept Kiwi in his dresser so as to not be caught by Jim.

Kiwi sniffed his new surroundings and wandered into a room. The door was open just a crack, and a loud snore could be heard from the room. After a few moments, a sharp "Hey, what are you doing here, huh, you dumb dog?" was heard, and Kiwi burst out from the room with Jim on his trail. "Wait till I get my hands on you! I'll get you this time, you mangy mutt!" Jim's voice went faint he chased Kiwi out of the shack.

"Yeah, way to go, Kiwi!" Odd whisper-cheered, pumping his fist.

"And now to reel him in," Clementine said. She pulled out a piece of jerky from the backpack and let the meaty scent waver in the air. Soon enough, Kiwi came back and gobbled up the jerky. Satisfied, he relaxed into Clementine's touch, twitching his head this way and that.

"C'mon, Clem, we gotta go," Odd whispered to her. The two slunk out of the shack just in time for Jim to discover the masterpiece painted on the outside wall. They carefully walked away just as Jeremie brightly told Jim, "Ï would've made the eyes better if I had more time."

On Friday morning, Odd, Ulrich, Yumi, and Clementine waited outside Principal Delmas' office for the verdict of Jeremie's "crime." What could be taking them so long? Clementine pondered impatiently. Her foot bounced up and down as she continued to wait.

Finally, the door swiveled open. Jeremie exited the office, head hung in shame, and the principal himself right behind him.

"I hope this will teach you a lesson, Jeremie," Principal Delams sighed. He shook his head as he muttered, "I don't understand, a model student like you. You should be ashamed."

"Uh, yes, sir," he answered. Satisfied, the principal closed the door. Immediately the quartet jumped to their feet and surrounded their friend.

"What'd he say?"

"Tell us!"

"What's the punishment?"

"Oh he gave me detention for the whooole week of vacation," Jeremie lamented. The group walked out to the courtyard of the school.

"Cool, he really let ya have it," Odd compliments to the blonde.

"As punishments go, you're a champion!" Ulrich adds.

"Yeah, the best of the best!" Clementine cheered.

"I'm sure we couldn't have done better than that," Yumi smiled.

The whole reason for their upbeat mood? Since everyone would be gone for the holiday, it would mean that XANA would be left unattended. But with Jeremie in trouble, he'd be able to monitor XANA and his actions. Now, everyone would be able to rest easy.

"Anyway, XANA won't get any vacation this time," Jeremie proudly announces. With that, Clementine and her friends walked away. For some reason, though, Clementine couldn't help but feel like a pair of eyes were burning through her back.