(S1 E4) Log Book

It was 7:45 am at Kadic Academy, and Clementine had just finished her small breakfast of 2 toast slices and orange juice. Odd, on the other hand, had the remnants of his breakfast scattered all over the table.

"Ah, eight slices of toast and three bananas, not bad, huh?" he asks, patting his chest. Clementine simply rolled her eyes and pushed away the banana peel that invaded her space. Odd looked over to Jeremie and asked, "Hey are you skipping gym class again?"

"Yup," Jeremie nodded as he ate a slice of toast. "It gives me time to work on Aelita's materialization." He wasn't as athletic as the rest of his friends, so missing gym to work was a win-win for him.

"And here I thought you were a goodie two shoes," Clementine snickered. "Who knew that our resident genius was such a bad boy."

"Anyways, let's hurry. I don't want to be late for history," Jeremie said as he stood up from his seat, dirty dishes in hand. Odd and Clementine followed suit and walked outside.

The 8 o'clock bell rang in the air as day students walked inside. That meant Yumi would be walking in too.

Clementine searched for her friend in black. "Hey, Yumi!" she shouts once she spotted her. She waved her arm in the air, flagging her down.

"Hello," she greeted, walking over to where Clementine, Odd, and Jeremie stood. Yumi looked around, presumably for Ulrich, but her eyes widened. "Hey, look over there, it's Ulrich!"

The three looked over to where Yumi was staring, only to see Ulrich sitting on the cafeteria steps with... Sissi?!

"But... what's he doing with her?" Odd asks. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Hey, Ulrich!"

"He looks so miserable, why's he with her?" Clementine questions as well, hands on her hips. She couldn't hear what they were saying, but Ulrich scooted away from Sissi, who had a smug smile on her face. With every passing second she scooted closer to him, only repelling Ulrich more.

Finally, she drags him from the steps. "C'mon, c'mon!" Clementine could hear the queen bee sing to Ulrich.

"Huh?" The group was collectively shocked. This is totally out of the norm!

It was time for history class, and Sissi was still stuck to Ulrich's side like glue. She was even openly staring at him with goo-goo eyes, though Clementine could sense his discomfort as he tried to take notes.

"In the 17th century, all European states were governed by either a king or a prince. They ruled over mainly peasant populations," the teacher lectured, but Clementine would have cared less about that. There were other important matters at hand!

"Hey, what's going on with them? I'm seeing things," Odd whispered to Jeremie, though Clementine had to strain her ears since she sat at the table to their left. "Ulrich and Sissi, that's weird."

"Yeah, but check out how jealous Herve is!" Clementine said. She had to contain her laughter as she caught Herve's intense stare.

The two chuckled until they heard a sharp, "Odd! Clementine! Are you two even listening to me?" The teacher had paused his lecture to demand their attention. The two smiled apologetically as students around them giggled at their luck.

The bell rang and Ulrich was walking side by side with Sissi. He did look incredibly reluctant about it, though.

"We have some important things to talk about, Sissi," Odd said as he grabbed her by the arm. "C'mon, hurry!" Sissi's protests grew faint as the two walked off.

"Mind explaining?" Ulrich turned to see Jeremie and Clementine leaning against the wall next to him.

Jeremie and Clementine led Ulrich to a secluded spot, with Odd and Sissi not to far away.