Forced labour

I felt another contraction course threw me. I knew I needed to go to the birthing center, but I was greedy. I wanted to do this myself. I wanted to get to hold my baby this time. My husband urged me to go, knowing if I didn't serious consequences would probably be met. I guilt tripped him enough that he agreed to help. This wasn't my first rodeo, I had experience. My husband helped me walk up to our bedroom, my labours were usually fairly quick, but also usually painless. Our society had set people as breedes, and births where usually fast and relatively painless, but currently I could feel everything. I wasn't used to it, but I knew I could handle it. None of my labors had ever surpassed 4 hours, but I was currently on hour six. I could feel the baby's head moving at an excruciatingly slow progress. I let out a scream of agony, my husband quickly covered my hands over my mouth. I had messed up, they were going to be here shortly. I heard a loud knock downstairs, my husband rushed to go get it so they didn't knock our door down. I couldn't hide the fact I was in labour, I knew I was utterly screwed. I tried to organize my self enough to I could keep a smidge of my dignity, but it was no use. My personal midwife showed up, she wasn't happy. I was propped up in the bed with a blanket covering my stomach and legs. She quickly snatched it off of me. She put a hand on my stomach, a contraction caused my stomach to tighten, her face dropped into a nasty frown. "Someone has been a very naughty girl. You know the rules, and you know what we do to naughty girls." I gulped. She was a tall older woman with a very scrawny build, but she snatched my heavily pregnant self out of bed like it was nothing. She dragged me down the stairs, I tried to fight her, but it was useless. I was shoved into a wheelchair. She chained my arms to the arms of it. Tears were streaming down my face, I was terrified and in so much pain. She wheeled me into the birthing center, but instead of taking me to my usual bed she kept strolling me down the long hallway. We turned through several doors until she handed me off to some other people. I couldn't tell their gender or age because they were covered in masks and doctor attire. They roughly unstrapped me and placed me on a hospital bed. I tried to fight them but I could barely hold myself up through the contractions. They chained my arms to the bed and forced my legs spread open and chained them to the stir ups. I opened my eyes and found I was on the ground of a theater and a least a hundred people where watching me. Except I couldn't see their faces, they were all wearing renaissance inspired masks. Only one person wasn't wearing a mask, and it was my midwife. She had a vicious look on her face. There was a person sitting in between my legs, and suddenly he violently slaps the inside of my leg and tells me to push. "FUCK OFF," I scream at him during the top of my contraction, and I made a show to show him I wasn't going to push. Another doctor suddenly hits me across the face, and the swelling feels instant. A tears rushes down my face, I had to listen. I push the next time the now I know man, tells me. I scream out in agony, a rag is pressed against my mouth to muffle the noise, but it restricts my breathing making it impossible to catch my breath. I start trying to fight against the arm restraints, I'm met with another blow. A tears falls down my cheek amidst the chaos. I stop trying, and just push. I didn't even feel the baby come out of me, only its screams. My midwife runs onto the stage and snatched the baby from the doctor. She cradles it," You're a naughty, naughty girl," she sounded like a disappointed mom. "If you ever pull a stunt like that your punishment will be so much worse, and if you think this behavior will ever be excused," she threw my baby on the ground, it started screaming, until it faded out into silence. Babies were praised in this environment, and she killed mine for rebelling. I then felt a needle go into my neck before I lost consciousnes.