Chapter 9: Escapee's Relief

"What happened to Shinsou, Sakura, Syoda, and Hyuuga?" One of the staff of the academy asked the homeroom teacher of class 1-A, Narumi.

Narumi sighed, "I don't know. Ever since Natsume was in the hospital, I haven't heard from either of them." 

Jinno frowned, "That's concerning. And then them planning an escape right after the hospital feat? That's suspicious."

The other two teachers stayed silent, they agreed with Jinno, but clearly wouldn't voice it.

"It wasn't on purpose!" Ruka, who had been eavesdropping on their conversation with Hotaru by accident, said.

"How do you escape the academy and have it not be on purpose?" The unknown teacher asked.

"Natsume was kidnapped!" Ruka defended them, "And you guys wouldn't listen, they had no choice."

Jinno sighed, "This propaganda again..."

Hotaru's steely gaze kept the other two from saying anything as she said, "I have proof."

That caught the teachers' attention.

~~~

Natsume opened his eyes for the first time in ages as he observes his surroundings. He is slightly disgusted by how Mikan is chewing on Sumire's restraints, although he doesn't show it. -He also can't deny it's somewhat(?) effective.- 

"Natsume!" Mikan exclaimed in happiness.

"Shut up, baka. They might come back," Sumire said, ignoring how Mikan paled ever so slightly at her sentence.

There was a barrier surrounding them, "We can't use our alices."

Mikan frowned as she nodded, "Yeah, we've tried using them multiple times but to no avail."

"You have earmuffs," Natsume said, "Why?"

"Oh these earmuffs were to communicate with Hota-" A look of realization dawned on her features.

-In the shadows, Shinsou prevented himself from facepalming at Mikan's momentary stupidity.- 

"Well?" Sumire glared at Mikan, "Call them!"

Mikan did just that, and luckily, the teachers and Hotaru replied.

"What are they saying?" Natsume asked.

Mikan smiled, "They're trying to locate us so we shouldn't try to antagonize them or we could get hurt."

-That was one of the dumbest pieces of advice Hitoshi had ever heard. Shouldn't they be trying to escape? Nonetheless, Hitoshi left to do some work.- 

Mikan then said, "You should burn the ropes if you can, Natsume-kun."

A small fire exploded in Natsume's palm. He used that to slowly burn his rope. He was about to go to Sumire's but paused when he heard the door creak slightly. The three kids looked like deers stuck in headlights as Reo came in and took the earmuffs right off of Mikan's head. The barrier was seemingly disabled so Reo could do his true objective, that Mikan and Sumire had heard earlier, and making join the Z organization.