Chapter 1

I stretched as I walked down the street from my late night art class. I heard my phone ring as I took my phone out of my pocket seeing it was my best friend Ashton. Pressing the answer button as I smirked," Hey bro whats up?" On the other line he laughed and said," Have you checked the V.A.S.E website to see who the winners are for state?" Replying I said," No why?" He exclaimed," You won bro with a gold seal!" I was speechless for a little bit," Your kidding right." He responds," No I am dead serious bro. Congrats!" I smiled," Thanks but your the one who taught me how to draw all those years ago." He chuckles," Also the reward is already here." I replied," Already when did the results come out." He snickered," Two weeks ago." I growled," And you kept this from me for two whole weeks." He responded," Yes, because everyone of our friends knew already."  I sighed," Fine be back at the dorm room soon." He replied," Alright see ya in a bit cause I got a treat for ya." I laughed," It's not the spicy Poke bowl I liked is it." He is quiet  for a few seconds before he says meekly," Maybe." I snickered," Well see ya." I hung up before I ran the rest of the way and as I was about to open the door a nervous feeling came into my system. Opening the door my best friend smiled," Welcome home." Suddenly all of my closest friends jumped out yelling," Surprise and Congradulations Dylan!" I jumped startled as I laughed," I am guessing you planned this the moment you found out." One of my other friends Jason smirked," Yep and guess who got second." Tapping my chin thoughtfully I turned to Ashton," This knucklehead. Everyone started to laugh as he put me in a choke hold while giving me a noogie,"You little rascal." I laughed," Can we just eat please." He sighed dejectedly before smiling," Fine but after your done you are dead."I chuckled," Fine with me." I smiled as all of my friends were messing around, talking, or making fun of our professors. I laughed as Heather told a story of what happened in her advanced BIology class and what her teacher did I exclaimed," So that was what the commotion was about from down the hall and to the left of us!" She laughed," You heard that." I laughed as I finished the rest of my poke. Smirking I said," Who wants to play some video games!?" Ashton grinned," Call of Duty a 1 v 1 tournament of sorts." I nodded as he smirked," Yes time for my revenge." I laughed," Ohhh really yet I am still undefeated." He sighs," You have a point... sadly."  I turned on the TV as I hooked up my Xbox one up. Logging on I handed the controllers to Heather and Jason. In short there match was close but Heather pulled off the win. Next up was Viviana and Hearth. Hearth won easily against Viviana. The second last game of the preliminaries was Yniguez and Harmony while Harmony won that round as I smirked," Get ready to get your butt kicked Ash." HE growled," Do not be so sure." I picked the sniper as the match was in an urban area with plenty of hiding spots . I had my character crouch in a house as I saw Ashton's character running in my line of sight. Firing Immediately I got a headshot taking the first and final point as it was during the last ten seconds or so. The first match of the quarter finals was Heather verse Harmony. The match was very close but Harmony won. I smirked as I was against Hearth as I once again a sniper as it was in a Jungle map. I defeated him each time within two- three minutes each round as the final score was five to zip. Smirking I said," Time for the king to take his throne." Harmony growled as I picked the Sniper as my weapon for the third time and the map was on my favorite map the town. I got onto the top of the church with the grappling church with the grappling hook. Zooming in I spotted Harmony who was peeking out of a window to my west. I smirked," Hey Harmony have fun and good game."  She looked confused as her eyes widened as she realized what I said but it was to late as I killed her character with a headshot as I pressed the fire trigger right after I said that. Smirking I noticed I killed her last second. I smirked," Still undefeated." THey all glared at me as they said goodbye and goodnight as both Ash and me showed them out the door. Sighing I walked into my room as I yelled," Night Ash see ya tomorrow." I heard a muffled goodnight as I got ready for bed. Jumping into bed I plugged my phone in before I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep.

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes when I heard a thumping noise checking the clock by my bed and it read twelve forty five a.m. I thought to myself nervously,'Ashton shouldn't be up yet.' I quietly opened the door of my room seeing several men with one of them having an unconscious Ashton slung over his shoulder. Two of the other men turned to me nodding to something behind me as I felt hands put me in a choke hold before stuffing a piece of cloth over my nose and mouth. As I tried to fight back I inhaled from the cloth as I grew sluggish so I came to the conclusion that the cloth had been dipped in some anesthesia or something with the same molecular compound. The darkness of sleep claimed me as I fell unconscious. I slowly came out of consciousness before going back to falling unconsciousness it was an endless cycle.

I felt intense heat surrounding me as I opened my eyes to see darkness and feel the confined space I was in as well as complete darkness. I tried to move as claustrophobia set in as I used my 'feet' and 'arms' against the confined space as I felt a crack. Stopping to catch my breath I felt the heat give me more strength as more cracks sounded as I broke the confinement and rolled out to see I was in a glass cage. I looked down startled to see two wings with sharp white talons that were dappled brown with green. I turned my head to realize I had a good sized neck and when I saw the rest of my body I saw a long scaly body along with the rest of the wings. Trying to lift my self up on my two legs I ended up falling as I concluded I was supposed to walk with both my legs and my wings. Quickly getting a hold of walking I walked towards the bowl that smelled like water. Looking into it I saw a short snout with small, serrated, rounded teeth meant for biting into bone and meat. I turned my head to the side as I smelled food looking into the bowl I saw fruit as well as something with meat. I picked a piece of mango out before swallowing it as I plucked a piece of fish or steak out as I realized I was an omnivore. I hissed slightly as I realized it came from the back of my throat. I decided to open up my mind and I heard conversation as I looked to my  left and right seeing multiple creatures some with four legs like normal dragons, others that looked like me, even some that looked like snakes but with wings. I heard a voice directed at me that said," Yo Dylan what's up."I looked at the ocean blue wyvern next to me as I asked nervously," Ashton that you?" He replied,"Yep its me, also don't be scared if scientists come in they come check on us and if any new ones hatch they take them in a separate room. All they do is weight you then let you have free time so you can have enrichment and learn how to fly. Also since we are so special we can try to take swipes at them." I nodded in understanding as I heard hissing as a scientists comes in taking notes on each one of us as one of them looks at me as I growled slightly narrowing my eyes at the scientists as one picked up my little glass cage before putting me on a gunnery. Hissing at the man as he picked me out of the glass class with gloves meant for hawks probably as the thickness of the glove was thick. Placing me on a metal scale to weigh me before muttering to himself while writing notes," Roughly ten point five pounds, healthy no mutations so far seems to want to strike as Subject 241 did before we changed him. So the fight over flight instinct is still strong." The man took me off the scale before setting me down in a little grassy area. I laid in the grass as he wrote more notes as I decided to try to fly. Using my talons I climbed up a little tower as I jumped to take flight flapping my wings I took to the air as I flew for the first time as I got the hang of flying quickly. Finally, the scientist came in after about ten or so minutes after I took a break from flying. I started to hiss as he started to come and pick me up. Ducking under his arms I shot at his unprotected stomach nailing him in the gut as blood stained his doctor coat. Jumping away I went back to the grass as he took out a spray bottle as he blasted me in the face. Paralyzing me immediately as a female scientist came in to help the first guard saying," Get him to the infirmary now I will handle it from here. Two guards came in picking me up before placing me in my little glass cage.