Chapter 49-Waiting for you

Kovue's POV~

We arrived home in just under 6 hours, i was a nervous wreck and paced the whole plane. Her father wasn't any calmer, he tapped his leg and mumbled to himself throughout the flight. We had more than enough volunteers to rescue her but i was still apprehensive. I had yet to tell her father why i was so eager to help him, i felt a slight pang of guilt. 

It wasn't enough to push me to explain yet, however i knew i needed to if she was going to accept me. I was currently in my office looking at a map when Kalil burst through the door. He was more than eager for revenge on Ivan for torturing him. 

He told us of the lab he was kept close to, it had jars of organs along with body parts like heads and hands. He said there was a doctor there that reminded him of the Hyde and Jekyll stories. The so called doctor would pump iv's of various chemicals into their victims and monitor the effects though a glass dome. 

He said the screaming was like a never ending sound that made you feel as though you where in a mental hospital. The guards would come by and prod you with an electric rod if they caught you covering your ears or eyes closed. They forced you to watch as they tortured others, some with leaches on there eyes while most had missing body parts.

"We should head out, i want to get as close as we can get to the border. It's time to save my daughter." Samuel was just as on edge as i was, and i agreed it was time to get her back. We filed out of my office and down the stairs to the kitchen. Kitanie was making sandwiches for us to bring with us. 

"Hello everyone! Welcome home Kovue!" Kitanie came over and kissed my cheek as i pulled her into a hug. 

"Thank you Kit for the food, we need to be leaving soon. Is there anything i can do to help you?" I asked her but kept my eyes on Samuel as he stared at us. "Nope it all done dear. I've got Carter coming in to hep Kalil load the backpacks. You both just be careful, i cant loos either of you." 

She hugged me tightly as i kissed her hair "You wont, we will be back soon." She nodded into my shirt and sniffled as i pulled her away to leave out the door following Samuel. Once outside i addressed our warriors "We are going to war wolves. You are the best of the best and there will be bloodshed, after today i want to come back and announce the annihilation of the hunters." 

Multiple cheers rang out and 'yes alphas' as we gathered the last of our supplies to head towards the mountains. The terrain was curved, edgy and dangerous but our wolves where used to it. We would stay in human form until we reached the base that way we could conserve as much energy as we could. 

Kaine was scratching at my mind and has been since we found out Sarah was missing. He wanted her and so did I, he was pushing for me to tell him she was ours. But how was i going to do that, i know how it looks. I am already supposed to be mated with three kids along with i am already a king. 

"Okay we are at the base lets shift, we will run the rest in wolf form until dark and set up camp" I called out as we all began to undress to shift into our wolves. My thoughts where all jumbled as i shifted to let Kaine free, he shook out his fur looking around at the warriors. Our wolf was one of the largest but matched Samuel's white with size. Kalil was a close second to us with Carter and the rest coming in behind. 

Our typical wolves were the size of a Grizzly bear, however the alpha blood gave you a boost and the Kodiak bear was a close size to us. Moving though the trees i enjoyed the wind through my fur and the snow against my feet. Running with the pack i always got extra adrenaline boost with the sound of all the paws hitting behind me. 

A slid to a stop when i heard a yelp, it wasn't close but i looked around mind-linking Kalil "did you hear that?" He nodded to me and quieted the pack as we held our heads high listening. I sniffed but couldn't pinpoint a specific scent. Kalil answered the call and we heard another pained one rang out.