Chapter Three: Meeting Sergio Ramos

Leslie climbed out of her car as she made sure that she had everything, her brown eyes swept over the almost empty petrol station; she shivered at the cold night air that nipped at her bare shoulders making her wish that she’d brought a coat.

Leslie moved to the fuel cap when she heard a car pulling into the petrol station, she stared a little surprised at the sight of the Audi R8; she shook her head as she turned her attention back to refuelling her car.

Leslie knew that there was no way in a million years that she would be able to afford a car like that especially with her supporting Morgan right now; their parents might have been paying for her sister’s card but they weren’t paying the bills that her sister amassed.

Turning her attention back to what she was doing, Leslie worked silently as she filled her car with fuel before she heard someone getting out of the Audi; she glanced back and couldn’t help herself from staring in shock for a moment.

There was no way in the world that she, Leslie Wright, was stood just yards away from the Sergio Ramos; she stared at him as he spoke on his phone while he struggling to open his fuel tan while he was on the phone.

Leslie watched him for a moment before she shook her head amused, her sister would be so jealous when she told her about this; Morgan was always going on about the footballer and now he was stood only feet from her.

Finishing up refuelling her car, Leslie put the fuel pump back and closed up her fuel tank, she glanced up to check on the number of the pump before she walked towards the petrol station so that she could pay.

Leslie stopped when she heard Sergio curse making her look over at him before she saw him still fighting with his car to get the fuel tank open.

Leslie took a deep breath as she walked towards the footballer, she knew that someone had to help him before he was mobbed by crazy fan girls like her sister; she cleared her throat making Sergio look at her alarmed.

“You look like you could use some help,” Leslie said as she quickly leaned over and pressed her hand against the flap making it click open; she smiled at Sergio who blinked surprised before she turned to walk away.

The footballer watched her, he had been expecting her to ask for an autograph or something, he was used to women of all sizes throwing themselves at him and he had thought the shapely woman would do the same.

“Gracias,” Sergio said staring at her, he was a little surprised that she wasn’t fawning all over him and he had to admit that it was sort of refreshing especially since that’s all that usually happened when he meet women and fans alike.

Leslie waved him off as she walked into the petrol station, she wanted to pick up some snacks and bread since they were running low; the brunette wondered if her sister knew that not everything in the house was for her to eat, it made Leslie wonder how she stayed so thin.

***

Brushing some hair from her face, Leslie frowned as she tried to work out what Pringles that she wanted; she chewed her lip in thought as she picked up the two that she couldn’t decide between.

“Sour cream and onion and roast chicken and herbs, interesting choices,” Sergio said walking up behind Leslie making her jump, her basket sat at her feet with bread and milk inside along with some french fancies.

Leslie opened her mouth taken back that he was standing before her, she hadn’t expected him to approach her like this.

“Smokey bacon are my favourite though,” Sergio said picking up a tin, his brown eyes watching her curiously as Leslie nodded her head; he had to admit that there was something about her that he liked, even if she didn’t look like the women that he usually liked.

Leslie popped the roast chicken and herbs one back as she made her decision, she just hoped that she’d be able to hide them from Morgan who would most likely search her room for them while she was at work.

“I wanted to thank you for your help before,” Sergio said following after Leslie as she moved to pick up some more things, Morgan was eating her out of house and home and would be starving when she showed up in the morning.

Leslie looked at Sergio wondering why he was following after her, she didn’t know what he could possibly want since she wasn’t one of those stick thin models that he was usually seen with.

“It’s not a problem,” Leslie said collecting some raspberry jam, she remembered the fuss that Morgan had made the last time that she had brought strawberry into the apartment.

Leslie nibbled on her lip in thought as she wondered what else she would need for tomorrow, she knew that she had a long shift and she really wasn’t looking forward to it.

“I’m Sergio,” the footballer said continuing to follow after Leslie, he had to admit that he liked that she wasn’t fawning over him; she was just picking up things that she was going to need for tomorrow.

Leslie paused looking at Sergio, she knew who he was and she still didn’t understand why he was following her like he was.

“I know… I was born and bred a madrista,” Leslie said nodding her head at him before she focused on picking up a wrap for her lunch tomorrow; she hated hospital food and had no intention of eating it while at work.

Sergio blinked surprised at her words, he hadn’t thought she was a fan for how she had reacted upon meeting him; fans usually wouldn’t leave him alone and he liked that she wasn’t all over him.

“I’m Leslie by the way,” the brunette said nodding at Sergio as she choose a tuna mayo wrap and a cold bottle drink, she looked at him wondering why he was doing all of this.

Sergio smiled at her, he had to admit that it was a pleasant change from what he was used to; he liked that she wasn’t treating him any different because of what he did.

“It was nice to meet you Leslie,” Sergio said, he was pleased to see that she wasn’t like the other women that he knew; she was a breath of fresh air and he wanted to see more of her.

“What are you doing on Saturday?” Sergio asked as an idea formed in his mind, he knew that it was risky but he wanted to spend more time with Leslie; there was just something about her that made him curious.

Leslie looked at him wondering where this was going, she knew where he would be on Saturday since Morgan hadn’t shut up about the charity party that the footballer was hosting.

“I’m hosting this charity night and I want you to come,” Sergio said knowing that he needed to learn more about her, he had to admit that Leslie had him interested in ways that he didn’t understand; she reminded him of something and he wasn’t quite sure what it was.

Leslie stared at him surprised, she didn’t know what had brought this on but she had to admit that she felt something in her stomach; she liked the idea of seeing him again.

“Here’s my number call me with the details,” Leslie said knowing that this was just the thing that her sister would love; she had an in to a private party that Morgan’s friends didn’t.

Sergio grinned pleased that she had agreed, she was certainly a mystery to him.