❄️Chapter 9❄️

The Adventure Continues

A few hours passed after the gang ate their lunches. Bede and Hop ended up fighting again while Marnie tried to break it up. Sonia was doing some more research by the glowing streams and Ava was just overlooking everything from a sturdy branch of a nearby tree. She sighed as she lay on her stomach with a slight frown on her face.

Never in such a long time she could feel a pain in her heart, aching for it to let it out but nothing. Ava couldn't feel any emotion. No sadness. No joy. Nothing. Nothing sparked her. She quietly closed her eyes, the sounds around her disappearing like the mist that covered up the Slumbering Weald. Leaves gently swaying through the soft breeze of the wind.

'What's next. . . ?' Ava thought. Surely, there should be something more deeper in this newfound forest of mystery. Suddenly, Ava was torn from her thoughts when she felt a presence behind her. "Hey, Hop. I can tell it's you who's behind me," Ava mumbled and turned her head around. A surprised Hop was sitting on the branch behind her, was about to tap her shoulder. "H-how did you k-know it was me...?" Hop stuttered. "I can just tell. What are you doing here?" Ava replied and lay her head on her arms. "Nothin' big, mate. Just wanted to check up on ya," Hop answered.

"Sure," Ava sighed. Hop blinked at Ava's mood and suddenly, a bolt of worry struck his mind. "You alright, mate? You seem kind of down," Hop said. "I don't wanna talk about it," Ava replied with a whisper. "What?" Hop cocked his head to the side. "Is there something more than this here? In the forest?" Ava asked. "Dunno. Why don't we continue exploring?" Hop smiled. Ava looked behind her, with  a questioning yet sort of excited face. She was itching for an adventure after settling down for a few days. But she was hesitant, though she wanted to explore more.

"Why not?" Ava smiled and jumped down the tree as she rushed over to the cave. "Hey, Ava! Why are you in a rush?" Marnie called from the river. "Nothing big! Just want to explore more of the forest. Can't be lying around here 24/7," Ava replied. "I wanna come! I'll get Bede too!" Marnie shouted. Ava gave Marnie a thumbs up and packed her bag full of snacks, a blanket, some water, and some more necessary items with her.

Later, Bede, Marnie, and Hop all we're packed up and ready to start exploring again. Sonia proposed to stay back at the camp as she wanted to do more research on the plants and Pokémon that lived in the valley. The four young trainers ran off into the distance, far from camp as they slowed down, stirring up a conversation as they walked. "Sheesh! Can we take a break yet?" Bede asked, grudgingly. "Bede, we've been walking for almost half and hour and you want to sit down already?" Marnie giggled. "Pleeeaaassee~?????" Bede sighed. "No. Anyways, where are we headed, Ava?" Marnie replied. "Mmmm..... I don't know yet. I just wanted to explore more of this forest— I mean, there can't be just the valley, right?" Ava said.

"Right. Maybe we'll encounter something amazing! Like a gigantamax Pokemon or even a secret passageway to somewhere magical!" Hop chirped happily. "As if. We'll never find a den in here," Bede scoffed. "Who knows?" Hop smiled and put his hands behind his head.

Suddenly, the terrain around the trainers started getting colder and colder until they reached another part of the forest. It looked like autumn with a chance of snow and Pokémon. "Hey, this looks promising!" Bede said and pointed off the cliff that he was standing on. "Woooaaahh......" Marnie gasped of amazement. "It looks beautiful!" Hop added. "Yeah.... It is," Ava smiled slightly. "Let's go and see what's down there!!" Hop shouted and ran down the cliffs' ledges as Ava called for him. "Come on, Ava! I bet I can beat you to the bottom!" Hop laughed. "Bet!" Ava smirked and worked her hands as a glow sparked from them. She waved them around then a huge slide made of light and crystals appeared.

"Woah! That looks fun," Marnie smiled. "Come on then! We don't wanna keep Hop waiting," Ava replied and slid down the slide that she made followed by Bede and Marnie. Once they reached the bottom, they could see a panting Hop who was almost at the bottom of the cliff. "Woo.....! That was cheating!" Hop whined. "You never established any rules so......" Ava giggled. "Ah, fine. Anyways, look at this place! We seriously need to find out if Pokémon live here!" Hop replied and sprinted over to the forest. Bede sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets. "How does he have that much energy?" he frowned.

"I mean.... he's Hop, so what do you expect?" Marnie answered, shrugging her shoulders, "we should go follow him before he gets lost."

Ava nodded and ran after her best friends who was cheering and screaming with joy every time he saw something cool. It was great being away from having champion duties and Ava wished she could figure out everything about the Slumbering Weald, her questions, and most importantly, her magic origins...

End•of•Part•9