One

Alex pov:
As I walk out of the studio and into my dressing room I plopped myself onto the white couch situated right in the middle of the room. My feet are killing me.  I can't wait to put some of my comfy clothes on and go home.

There's a knock at the door " who is it"

" it's chip can I come in?"

Well considering you're already halfway through the door way I guess so.

"Oh hey you good?" You mean besides my feet killing me? Yeah I'm great.  I roll my eyes at his question.

" ok well I just came in here to tell you the shows have been looking great, ratings are going up again and the segments have come together well. Just wanted to come in here and give you some praise"
" I know you and Bradley don't always get along"

I roll my eyes at his comment.

"But I really do appreciate all the hard work you two are putting in, everyone does"

"We do it for our careers for the show for all the women in America to show we are strong, that we have their backs" chip we put our own troubles and history aside and come together for the good of women everywhere"

" well  you guys really pulled through, we're really proud"

I bow my head and nod as I finish rubbing my feet.

" Alright well don't let me keep you from this whole foot ordeal" oh yeah before I forget, remember tonight's that benefit gala where you were chosen to give a speech for young up and coming journalist"

"Oh don't remind me I know tonight at 7pm. I wish I could just cancel that fuckin event can't someone else give the speech?"

"It's too late now you were chosen you accepte....

I didn't accept I was thrusted into the role.

"Well whatever the case is you have to do it now Alex imagine how it would look if the star the lead woman anchor for the morning show for over 15 years just doesn't show up."

" Alright I'll be there"

7pm sharp see you there
Chip smirks as he leaves the dressing room.

I head home as soon as chip leaves just to be able to relax for the rest of the afternoon. I need a nap

5:30 pm
Im running a little behind schedule my nap ran a little over I'm pressed for time. I take a quick shower and pick out an outfit.

This champagne gown would look just fine nothing too over the top but it'll look classy. Gosh I would much rather be in my sweats tonight ordering take out and watching the bachelor.

But duty calls, I got back in my closet find a pair of tan heels to match and put together my accessories.

I do my makeup, grab my purse and call my driver to meet me downstairs.

I'm not looking forward to this at all I have been dreading this night especially after being on bad terms with some of the network people and even more so after the big revelation of Fred it's all a mess.

-25 minutes later-

The car pulls up to the curb where photographers are lined up and waiting the driver opens the door I relax my jaw take a few deep breaths and start smiling.

Cory spots meet right away and leads me to our table.

Bradley's pov

"Bradley?" What are you doing here, did chip kidnap you?"