Chapter Four.

I was completely stargazed by his eyes. I couldn't stop looking at them trying to figure out if they were just contacts or if I had crossed paths with a very dangerous individual. My fight or flight instinct were still kicking in. I was shaking so much I didn't even realise he was still holding onto my arm. My phone screen was lighting up my surroundings, with the emergency services number showing, but with the green button that starts the call still waiting to be pressed.

The sun was already up and was making its appearance behind the immense mountains covered with a thick fog but the forest we were in was so dense that it would not allow the light to pass through it. It was a very scary scenario.

When I returned my gaze to the boy, his eye colour transformed into a brown as dark as the tree bark that surrounded us. But his hand would not let go of my wrist. He just relaxed the grip a bit.

I was afraid to talk, I had no clue of what to do. I was so close to calling 911... Maybe if I distracted him and was fast enough, I'd manage to push the green button and call for help, send my address to the authorities.

— Don't even think about it. — He suddenly spoke. With a deep voice and a serious expression.

Before I could ask him about what he just said, he started talking again.

— Where am I and who are you? What were you doing here with me? Are you a mundane? Am I really here...?

Too many questions. I couldn't process any of them. He was talking way too fast.

— Hey boy, I should be the one asking questions here. What the hell are you doing unconscious in the middle of the forest? Are you hurt anywhere? — I said, in an attempt to look calm, even though I was dying on the inside.

— I asked first. — He looked at me after looking around us and realising that he was still grabbing my arm, but he decided not to let go after thinking about it for a while. — Where am I?

— You are in the middle of the forest. In Chesterfield's town, near Anchorage city, Alaska. — I told him, tired of not getting any answers.

— I am... On Earth? — He asked, confused. And for the first time, I could see how his expression changed. He looked scared and bewildered but he quickly changed to show an angry façade.

I just wanted to leave as I couldn't figure out what his intentions were, but then he examined my face and all I could do was stay still right were I was. I felt useless. I should have listened to my parents and never step a foot on this forest because curiosity killed the cat, right?

But satisfaction brought him back.

—I'm not going to kill you. — He told me. But it seemed more of a reassurance to himself than a truth.

I blinked twice.

Shook my head.

Tried setting aside all my fear.

Suddenly, I was let go. I opened my eyes. I tilted my head with confusion but, before I could ask him anything, I was on my knees in front of a body, now on his foot, his height probably at least a metre eighty-five.

From my position I only saw a pair of long and strong legs. I looked up right to see the boy running away into the forest.

—Wait! — I yelled.