24: Dead or Alive?

*LEXI*

"I'm... Dead...? But Siri...... Jay..... Lils..... Al..... Mar..... Rem..... What about my friends?" I looked at Nana and Papa, utterly confused.

"As your Guardian Angel, I have the power to save you." My Nana told me.

"How many times?" I don't want to leave them, but I don't want her to use her only save to bring me back yet...

"Unlimited hun. I love you, and you deserve to go back to your boyfriend and brother and friends." I grinned.

"Really?!" She nodded. I hugged her tightly. "I'll tell Jay that you say hello!" She smiled and hugged me back, kissing my forehead. I pulled away and she waved her hand over me. I waved to her and Papa as they faded away.

The next thing I know, I'm forcing my eyes open in St. Mungo's. In a flash, I was surrounded by healers and everyone seemed to be so surprised. They finally let me go after almost 30 minutes of that, and I sighed.

"Thanks," I muttered under my breath as they left. I carefully sat up and caught the attention of one of the younger healers. She looked kind, so I figured it was ok to ask her for a small favor. "Excuse me?" I asked softly.

"Yes? Do you need anything?" She responded. I smiled, glad she'd be able to help me.

"Could I please have a book to read? It's quite boring in here with nothing to do. She nodded and left the room, coming back a few minutes later with a book. I took it and smiled gratefully. "Thank you, miss." She smiled and left again, going to do her job.

I opened the book and started reading. It's called Expecting the Unexpected and is about a little girl who's life is possibly more crazy than mine. She's a muggle of course, but it's amazing. She transfers schools and tries to hide, but it spirals out of control quickly.

Only a few chapters in, I'm already hooked. That's when I read the line I'm probably going to remember for a while. 'the sad truth about life? It hurts. The good news though? You'll get through it.' I smiled after reading this line, knowing it's totally right.

I kept reading when I heard movement in the doorway. I saw a shocked Sirius and grinned.

"Siri!" He ran over and hugged me tightly, breaking down. I rubbed his back, breaking down as well. Seeing him just made the fact that I'm alive all so much more real.

He kissed me passionately and I kissed back. Neither of us could stop smiling when we pulled away.

"Where's James? And Lily? And Remus? And everyone else?" Sirius looked down.

"They haven't come for a month. You've been in a coma for over 2 months, then you were dead for another month. I only came because my gut told me to. I'm so glad I did though. When are you getting released?" I grinned even wider.

"Later today. They want to run a couple of tests to make sure I'm alright, but then I get to go back to Hogwarts." He smiled. The doctors came in and did the tests, poking and prodding me. Eventually, they finished and I was allowed to go home.

I stood up but nearly fell. I would've fallen had Sirius not caught me. After I regained my balance, we flooed back to the castle. Madam Pomfrey looked over and dropped the tray she was holding when she saw me.

"Oh, My- Alexis?" She exclaimed, very clearly shocked. I nodded, smiling.

"Oh, this'll be fun," I muttered under my breath. Sirius and I went to Dumbledore's office and I explained what I think happened. My Nana is my Guardian Angel and brought me back to life. Simple. We did this to many of my teachers before I went down to Saphira's cave.