2

"Hello Octavia." Miles walked over to the girl who was sat in the old library. The girl ignored him, green eyes concentrated on the words on the page in front of her.

"Octavia?" He asked, sitting next to her. The girl scooted further away, eyes still staring at her page.

"Hey, I thought we were friends." Miles reached out to the girl but she closed her book and stood up, briskly walking outside of the room.

Miles group snickered at him as they watched the two. If Miles was being ignored, she must've not liked him the way they'd thought.

Guilt ate away at Octavia as she laid in bed that night. She felt guilty for speaking ill of her parents to a boy who was much higher up than her family. With one word of what she'd told him, he could have her family in trouble.

On the other hand, she felt terrible for embarrassing Miles in front of his friends and for potentially losing the one true friend she could have.

Octavia was walking frantically in the hallway. Her usually perfect hair was still being held up by the ribbon from when she fallen asleep, her uniform wasn't done up properly, and her violin was hardly in its case.

The girl, trying desperately to close her violin case and walk at the same time, bumped into a boy with unruly black hair.

"Shoot. I'm very sorry." She spoke in a rushed tone.

"It's okay, no worries." Miles looked at her like she was crazy. He may have seen a new side to the girl but never anything like this.

"Miles- I'm running late but I would like you to know that I'm deeply sorry for my behaviour yesterday. I was acting childish, I know, but I was scared." She dropped the case and latched it up, standing back up to look at Miles.

"Why were you scared?" He asked, taking the case from her hand so she could fix her tie.

"I just said too much for someone who I didn't really know. I'm sorry miles, I know you aren't a snitch."

"Don't be sorry, I get it." He handed her the case back.

"Friends again?" He asked.

"I'd love that." She took the violin from him.

A few days later Octavia sat in the library reading and listening to the rain drum against the window. The book in her hand was one she'd read many times. Her favourite fairytale, Aladdin and his Wonderful Lamp, was resting in her petite hands.

"You like fairytales, don't you?" A voice asked from beside her, causing her to jump. She knew it was Miles. He seemed to like being around her.

"Yes I do. They're my favourite." Octavia looked up at Miles, pretending he didn't just startle her half to death.

"You should come with me to my home on the weekend. My sister has all the first additions. Some go as far back as 1703." Miles invited her, taking a seat beside her.

"I'm not sure. I'll send out a letter to my family." Octavia told him softly, a smile on her lips.

"You don't have to, I just think you'd like it there. It's very old and calm. I think my mom and dad would like you." He rambled, feeling nervous.

"I'll think about it." The girl said, unsure if she was to trust the boy who somehow found her everywhere she went.

Octavia, it is a great honour to be invited to the Fairchild Mansion. You are to travel there with Miles Fairchild and stay for the weekend. You will be on your absolute best behaviour and shall be polite in any way to Mr. and Mrs. Fairchild. This could be very good for our family.

Sincerely,
                   Mother.

Octavia sighed as she scanned the letter over and over. The girl knew what this could mean for her parents but still was unsure about being in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people for a weekend.

She stood up from her neatly made bed and picked up the luggage she packed her things in for weekends at her house. The girl neatly folded her favourite dresses to be sure that they wouldn't wrinkle or crease. She then packed a pair of formal shoes, her hair bush, tooth brush, blush and mascara, and lastly her book.

"I'll grab your luggage." Miles told the girl, cautiously stepping into her dorm in case he was yelled at for doing so. When she smiled at him and went in the bathroom for some touch ups, he fully stepped in, taking a look around.

The dorm was neat, to say the least. Her violin sat in the corner, a tennis racket under her bed, and a bookshelf full of books. That was about it for Octavias side of the room. Valencia had a lot of things going on on her side, but cheetah print was not Miles' favourite, so he decided not to look too hard.

"I didn't know you played the tennis." He commented, grabbing the handle of her luggage.

"Yes, I am rather good at it." She told him, stepping out of the bathroom as she clipped a locket to her neck.

"I like that." He titled his curly head and pointed at her necklace.

"Thank you, it belonged to my grandmother." The girl told him, stepping into her shoes and preparing to leave.

"Is there anything in it?"

"No, I don't have many pictures." Octavia simply said, stepping out of her dorm. Miles picked up her luggage and followed her to the car.

"We're almost there." Miles sat up, beginning to get excited. The two teenagers hadn't talked for most of the ride to his home, but now Miles could not hold it in.

"I hope you like it here." He looked at Octavia, who nodded slightly.

"Thank you for coming. I like being your friend." Miles told her, but his comment was soon forgotten as they pulled up to the gate.

"We're here!" He yelled excitedly. The girl couldn't help but smile at his excitement, although she'd never understand what was so exciting about going home.

As soon as the driver pulled up to the front of the house, a small girl pulled open the large front doors and ran outside.

Miles, knowing he should open the door for Octavia because that's what a gentleman does, could not help but give flora a hug. Octavia managed to get out of the car just fine, also being grabbed by the girl into a hug.

"Hello. I'm Octavia."