TWO

warning: tros spoiler gif at the end of chap

"got everything packed up?" leia asked her son, standing at the frame of his bedroom door. he annoyingly sighed, turning around and looked at her with a frown.

"i don't want to go. why can't i just be a pilot?" ben asked, sitting at the edge of his bed. this time, leia sighed, stepping into his bedroom. they had argued over this at least a hundred times in the last few weeks — it felt like it was never going to end.

"because it would put all the potential you have to waste," leia said, the woman walked over, sitting in front of him on his bed. leia's small delicate hands held her son's face, she saw how upset he was over this. "you're gonna be an amazing jedi ben, even your uncle says so."

ben felt his anger bubble inside of him, just like it always did when his mother told him the same answer. "have you ever thought about what i wanted to do though? it is my life after all." he snapped, pulling his face away. angrily, ben grabbed his suitcase, leaving his bedroom. leia sighed to herself once again in frustration. if only she could get her son to understand how important this was for him, for the republic, and for his family—passing on the legacy of the skywalkers.

while leia sat in her bedroom with her thoughts, ben headed to the front door, dropping his suitcase next to it before stepping outside, and to his dismay, lira was there. "what are you doing here?" ben asked, jogging up to the girl. his fingers wrapped around her waist, his eyes running all over her face, taking in the small beautiful details for the last time.

"did you think i was gonna let you leave before saying a last goodbye?" she chuckled softly, the two melting into one another's touch.

"i really don't want to do this, lira." the hazel eye'd boy whispered in her ear, pulling a bit to look at her. lira saw through them, seeing fear written all over his face. ben looked as if he maybe wanted to cry.

"it'll be okay. who knows, maybe you'll love it. just try and go in with an open mind." she shrugged, giving him a small encouraging smile before bringing a hand up to his cheek. rather than with his mom, ben let his head lean into lira's cheek, feeling the pads of her fingers brush against his pale clammy skin.

ben didn't see, but leia watched the two from the front of the house, guilt for sending her son away kicking in. she knew her eight-teen year old son was in love with lira. she was his only friend as a young boy, the two always playing but now they were teenagers in love, having to say their good-byes.

"lira?" ben asked softy, lira beginning to choke up. she hummed in return, feeling his hands hold her waist a little tighter , her heart beating out of her chest.

"i love you." as the three words left his lips, he couldn't help but let a tear slip from his own eyes, the girl beginning to cry too.

"i love you too." she squeaked back, ben quickly filling the gap between them afterwards. he kissed her like he never has before, as if her mouth was his only way to breathe, showing his most vulnerable self to her through touch.

once the moment was over, ben heard his dad call for him, saying that they were going to be leaving. as lira felt her heart fall in her stomach, ben quickly wiped his face with the sleeve of his shirt before bringing his thumbs to wipe lira's. this is really happening, she thought, staring into his hazel eyes.

ben kissed her one more time, this one was short, his lips only staying for a mere second before he pulled, lira taking a step back as she tried to contain herself in front of ben and his family.

"i'll see you later, solo." she said softly, sending him a smile threw her tears, squeezing his hand. once lira fully pulled away, he watched her get on her bike, her head turning back looking at him one last time. her long brown hair blew in the wind, tears running down her cheeks as she looked at ben, the boy she loved so much. once she turned her back, she started the bike and went into the forest. and just like that, she was gone.

letting out a shaky sigh, ben turned around, going back inside to grab his bag, his mother following behind him as they all headed inside the falcon.

leia went to sit with han in the cockpit, ben staying in the back, pretending he was playing space chess with himself. ben felt sadness, anger and love all bubbling up inside of him, feelings he knew he would no longer be allowed to feel once he entered the jedi temple.

 ben felt sadness, anger and love all bubbling up inside of him, feelings he knew he would no longer be allowed to feel once he entered the jedi temple