chapter 5

Jungkook POV

I have lived my life in a constant struggle.The loneliest moment in someone's life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.Growing up I were abused by my dad. The earliest time I can remember was when I was five. It was Father's Day, and my parents were separated at the time. I woke up to them fighting, and I ran out of my room to help her. I found him on top of her, punching, slapping and kicking her, and she just laid there and screamed. I wish I could've done something or called the police, but I was just too little.

Somehow, my mom got out from under him and bolted for the door. I tried to follow behind her, but dad grabbed me. She ran next door and called the police as dad threw me into the car. He drove me to my sister's boyfriends house to say goodbye to her because we were "going away for a long time." I cried in my sister's arms until the police came. Dad spent the night in lock up, I was 13 years old, there was constant fighting at home and restraining orders often issued. My mom and dad separated nearly every other day, but it always ended up with mom going back to dad.

My mom and I left when I was 12. When I was 13, mom wanted to try again with dad. I was then old enough to tell her not to, but she didn't listen. He did the same thing as always, and we finally were set free from him when I was 13 years old. From that point, my mom and dad went to court over custody of me, and I told the court I would kill myself if they forced me to be with him. I was terrified of him and had developed anxiety and depression by that point.

He was unsuccessful gaining custody of me in the end; that process took four years to resolve. I'm now almost 20 years old, and I still live with my mom. We are as close as we have ever been and haven't seen my dad in years. My mom put up with his abuse for 20 years, but we are now free from his hell. My mother recently passed away and now i live with my best friend mohammed . We have been friends for 2 years and he is like my real family. We both visit my moms grave every week and he is the only person that can understand and listen to me.

Credit goes to my best friend ayesha.