The Beginning

Tw // Graphic violence, Death, Miscarriage.

Three years ago

Three years ago.
July 2017.

The stench of cigarettes and alcohol on the men's breath burns my nostrils as he throws me in the back of the van. My head pounds due to the force of my head smacking into the floor of the van. I reach my head up to my head, letting out a low groan as I try to rub the aching spot away.

I then quickly reach down and hold my pregnant belly, praying it didn't hurt her. The two men that just threw me in here didn't even give me a second to say something. It all happened so quick.

What are they going to do to me?

Why me?

Those questions keep repeating in my head as I feel the ground underneath me move as they start to drive on a bumpy road, making me bounce around slightly. I then suddenly feel the van come to a abrupt halt, the feeling making all the muscles in my body start to tense up. The door suddenly opens, making the sun shine right in my eyes, not allowing me to see the men as they roughly pull me out of the back of the van.

"Stop, let me go!" I scream as I start to kick my legs and try to wiggle my arms out of their tight grasp. I hear one of them mumble something to the other before I feel a sharp pain in the side as someone injects me with something. I begin to feel dizzy and more relaxed making me let out a loud cry before everything fades to black.

-

"Winter wake up! Oh my god what did they give you'' I hear someone speak as I start to come back to consciousness. I quickly look down and notice I'm laying on the cold concrete floor, making me quickly throw myself upright.

''Be careful. The shit they gave you is just leaving your system. Take it nice and slow'' the oddly familiar voice adds. I quickly snap my head in their direction, my breath hitching in my throat as my eyes meet with theirs.

I quickly jump towards the mental bars, wrapping my hands around them as I gaze at her intently, not being able to believe my eyes. ''Rose? Why are you here? Where are we? What is this place?'' I ask her frantically as I run my fingers through my hair.

For some reason she looks calm. She lets out a long sigh as she scoots herself closer to me. ''A really really bad place Winter. You shouldn't be here. You're pregnant'' she breathes as she looks down at my pregnant belly, a sad expression on her face.

I look around frantically, taking in my surroundings, noticing cells just like mine in front of me in a row. ''I thought you were on vacation-''

''They took my phone and sent that message out. They're smart Winter, which is the worst kind of evil'' she interrupts me quietly. She shakes her head side to side before she slams her back against the wall in defeat.