Chapter 1: Lost Hope

"Why are you always acting so depressed Izuku? Are you okay?" A young boy asked a boy his age

"We-" The boy was talking to get cut off as another kid starts yelling something

"I know why! Because he's an attention seeker! That quirkless looser doesn't care about anyone, he's just trying to get the strongest person's attention to give him pity! Isn't that right, Midoriya?" Another boy their age asked

"What! No! I'm not an attention seeker, and I'm not always acting depressed, you guys just are confused! You wouldn't believe him right, Kaachan?..." Izuku desperately yells, his voice getting lower as he finished his sentence

But for some reason, the boy, Izuku's friend, believed the other boy. You could see it in his eyes. His eyes looked like they were piercing through your soul, right at Izuku. Eyes filled with hatred, disgust, sadness, eyes filled with a look like they had been betrayed. It was so easy to tell.

I saw it, as I looked into his eyes, he got up and walked over to the boy who had called out to us and walked away with him.

"K-Katsuki! Please, he's lying, please! D-" His eyes start tearing up as the boy stopped and listened. "Don't believe him! I wouldn't do that, you know me! Please..." The boy trailed off as he says the boy turned around with a face full of anger

"Ya right, your just a quirkless looser. I can't believe I was your friend. I thought we were friends. Deku" Katsuki shoots a glare at Izuku, one filled with hatred, disgust.

Izuku's face darkened, tears dripping from eyes, streaming like a river, dropping to the floor. A second of silence past before he got up and stared into Katsuki's eyes, not with a piercing gaze though, one full of betrayal, sadness, anger.

"Your right Kaachan, I thought we were friends. But, I guess not, as the only person I trusted betrayed me, like everyone else. Why? Because of a rumor, false information, or, hatred..." I smile at the end of my sentence faintly, I look at him as he walks away. My knees buckle to the floor, I never thought this would happen, but it did. My only friend left me because of a rumor...

He was only five when this happened, he felt useless, but he had to carry on, he had to prove to the world he was worth something. He had gotten another glimpse of the real world. The world that everyone hid from him, the world that everyone said was perfect. The world he thought couldn't have been better, had come crashing down on him again, again. The first time, was when he was four and had been diagnosed quirkless, he cried and cried and when he got home ran into his all might filled room and cried into his blankets. His mom chased after him, but when he asked if he could still try to be a hero. She said, sorry, but no. She now hated him too, she was going to abort him but she decided when he grew older he would be the butler of the house. It was a perfect plan for her, and Izuku had yet to know. After hearing his mother's words, he cried himself to sleep. And when Monday rolled by, he went to school and got laughed at for being quirkless. The only boy who believed in him was Katsuki. Or so he thought, one year later he betrayed him, just, like everyone, else.

"Haha! Deku, the quirkless looser!" A group of kids started crowding the quirkless boy. Still crying, Izuku looked down in fear, he didn't want this attention, we would rather be alone, in the shadows, but no. Of course, they had to make him more sad, more depressed. They made him fear crowds, they broke his trusts. But, I guess it was far gone by now. They all laughed at him, while he cried, but eventually, he broke in a sober laugh. The kids laughed louder shouting that he was insane. But really, he was laughing because he couldn't help but agree with them.

This happened every day until he was 7, he stopped caring, now, whenever you looked into his eyes. You felt a cold shiver down your spine, as his eyes, weren't filled with sorry, hatred or disgust. No, they were filled with emptiness, of course, he felt feelings, but he couldn't show them. No, of course not, that would only make things worse. So he hid, he hid for the reason of he couldn't take it anymore, his eyes had gone from bright shining emerald green to dark swampy green in a matter of short years. But, it was only to be expected, torment gets to you, it still hurts, just not as much.

---------------Time Skip to 9 years old---------------

Izuku had started focusing on his agility and strength, not to defeat the bullies though, just for self-defense. He had discovered he got a quirk, but he didn' know why. He was just joyful. He names his quirk 'Instinct.' When he woke up one morning had cat ears and a tail and surprisingly he could hear far and sense footsteps, he was filled with pride. But he hid this quirk from his mother and peers, it wasn't that he wanted to surprise them he had a quirk. If he did show it, hi bullying would stop and he would be thought as cool, but Izuku didn't want that. Sadly enough, the pain didn't bother him. He trained his quirk as it got stronger and stronger. He ran home, to school, and down the beach. It made his legs grow longer too. He was a bit above average height and it made him laugh when he lacked down at the short kids with those empty eyes. Those types of kids always ran off. Izuku's hair had also turned into a dark green with black tips and streaks running through his hair. His hair wasn't dyed though, I guess it was just because he was growing older.

At 10 years old he knew how to pack and punch and the weak spots of most people. He naturally smart, so he studied the human body a lot. As well as writing and math especially. He excelled in college schoolers' subjects. He definitely didn't have an average intelligence, more like an above human one. He had yet to find someone with his smarts at his age. That mad him happy, as he was able to excel in something other than being useless. For his strength training, he mostly lifted weights but he didn't have muscles, no nothing close! His body still looked that of a girl, slim and thin. That was what made people underestimate him. Most people had muscles showing through their shirts and they looked threatening, but you would never guess he was strong because of his body. He almost died laughing when someone tried kidnaping him on his way home. Why was he laughing? Because when they hit him down, he got back up and threw a punch and they fell to the floor with a bloody nose and bloody skin.

---------------At age 11---------------

This was it. He had decided, he would become a vigilante. Izuku Midoriya, his name was hidden to the public, instead, he chose a different name for his vigilante name. He would be called 'essence.' Short for eccedentesiast, of course, no one would know the real meaning behind essence. This would be his fate. He was ready to help others. Yet, it felt impossible. His heartfelt passion, but his mind held emptiness. He didn't want to go out there with a sad look on his face. So he hid. He hid pain behind a smile.