I. The Past is Unchanged

They were my fathers, my saviors, and my world. There was nothing else for me to trust, but the two men that saved me from the life that was starting to cripple away in the darkness. I treasured them and looked up to them for the sole purpose of my life to return the favor. They let me work as a double agent for both their companies and in turn, they would keep me safe.

"Papa, where are we going today?" I asked, turning the Silver Wolf as he took my small hand into the outside world. The world I used to hate for making everyone else happy.

"We'll be visiting the Agency. We have a few more people joining us as well, and I want them to get to know you and your role," he explained, craning his neck to give me one of his rare smiles. I nodded in response and continued to look ahead, memorizing the small wrinkles in his eyes when he smiled. It made him look more friendly, in my opinion.

I never received a public education. It was either Papa or Pa who taught me everything. Usually, it was at home, but recently things have been busy with Pa, so Papa starting teaching me calculus, even though I was only seven-years-old. He didn't say anything about it though, just said I am gifted with my ability and fast-learning.

"We're here, Y/n. Remember to introduce yourself properly, alright?" he asked as we stood in front of the Agency's door. I nodded, remaining silent as we opened the wooden door.

"Hey, you're back!" Ranpo stood up from his chair and crouched down to face me with a wide grin. I slowly reached out to grab his hat and put it on my head, a small habit I've obtained after the months I've gotten to know the natural-born genius.

Coincidentally, I was the only other person Ranpo considered as an equal because of Papa talking about me during work and how I started learning calculus.

"Is he here?" Papa asked, letting go of my hand to talk with the office workers at the Agency. The thirteen-year-old in front of me picked up and swung me onto his hip like he always did. He started marching to his desk, where a pile of snacks waited. My favorite was Ramune.

"I heard you started getting the hang of calculus. How does it feel, Little Genius?" he asked, opening a bag of chips. I shrugged.

"It's pretty easy once you get all the functions of terms and all that. It can be overwhelming at first, though," I answered quietly. Ranpo smirked at the answer.

"But you didn't get overwhelmed, did you?" he guessed. I nodded. It was true that I wasn't too worried about failing it or anything. Besides, Papa and Pa always had the patience of saints.

After popping a bottle of Ramune open, I sipped the drink while observing the office. Things were pretty standard, but I didn't mind. I preferred a small office like this rather than a large building for headquarters like the Port Mafia that Pa is leading.

I wonder how long it takes before things change around here?

11 Years Later:

I stared steadily at the man named Dazai Osamu. He was tall, brown hair and eyes, strange bandages around his arms, wore a tan overcoat over a dark brown vest, dull dress pants with dark shoes, and a white button-up shirt. He also had a blue-green necklace item around his neck. Overall, he looked rather average.

"What's your name, cutie? Are you lost?" he asked, a smile on his face. I shook my head.

"She's an agent here and my daughter. I expect you to treat her kindly," Father explained, walking into the main office to check on how things were going.

A lot of things have happened over eleven years to both the Agency and the Port Mafia.

We got more people on both sides, but Port Mafia has more people due to its infamous popularity. However, the Armed Detective Agency also developed well. They were paid by the government, too.