(Chapter 19)

yes, if you're wondering, yes i have given up on chapter names. 

lotsa dialogue.  

vote and comment. :)

P.S. remember when i asked about sex scenes? ;)

ELLIOT POV

I clench my teeth, trying to get myself to smile at Mark's presence. He's in his suit to fit in with everyone else, I wonder who did his tie for him, I recall that in the ninth grade his tie was done horribly. I walk a little closer to him, elbowing him in the ribs softly.

"Heyo, Mark," I greet awkwardly, putting a smile on my face. "Whatcha doing here?"

"Ruining you."

"Now, now," I say, putting a hand to his chest and letting out a nervous laugh. "No need to get melodramatic here, do we?"

Awkward pause. Do you know that moment where you don't know what to say, so you just stand there giving awkward continuous giggles? "Hehe, hahaha," I desperately blurted. More silence passed us; I couldn't take Mark's eyes continuously staring at me anymore.

"Seeya round, Mark. Bye!"

I run over to Harry, still socializing with his mates. He looks at me and we glance into each other's eyes. His tuxedo and bowtie look awfully attractive on him and his curls are sitting perfectly on the top of his head. He flashes me a superstar smile. "Hey Elle, what's up?"

"He's here," I say. "Him. The one who must not be mentioned. No, not Voldemort. I ran into Mark when I was going to the ladies room, I know, weird." Harry pauses and grins at me. "You shouldn't worry about it right now, here, dance with me."

"No," I protest. "Hey, not now, we are in major trouble, and you aren't taking anything I say seriously, are you?"

He pulls me into the middle of the dancefloor, wrapping his hands around my waist. "Okay," he starts. "You have to let go and have some fun, and I promise I'm not drunk." I giggle, "Fine, but I'm blaming you if everything blows up."

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday

The regular crowd shuffles in

There's an old man sitting next to me

Making love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son can you play me a memory

I'm not really sure how it goes

But it's sad and it's sweet

And I knew it complete

When I wore a younger man's clothes"

"Oh god, Billy Joel," I say, laughing. "I used to love this song." Harry chuckles again. "What a coincidence, so did I."

Sing us a song you're the piano man

Sing us a song tonight

Well we're all in the mood for a melody

And you've got us feeling alright

I sigh. "Harry I'm still a bit worried." He chuckles and gives me a skeptical look. "About what?"

"Okay, Mark is acting all CSI on me, and it's getting kind of creepy, like, what the hell? I mean, what is wrong with this child? I swear he's mentally deranged or something. Whatever, I shouldn't waste my time trying to understand someone with the intelligence of a fourteen year old boy," I blurt in one breath.