Chapter 2: Trost

The colossal Titan rose from beyond the walls, overlooking the city.

"Shit, dude! We need to evacuate."

I turned around and before he could respond, a shock wave blasted the city gate and sent rubble flying into buildings.

In an instant, the air was filled with screams and smoke.

I was almost crushed under a piece of the gate but the stranger was not lucky enough to survive... Or should I say that he was lucky enough to be spared from the carnage?

"Damn, it started already?"

I turned towards the top of the walls and saw the remains of the cannons falling down the walls. Looks like the colossal Titan was still following the anime unfortunately.

Without the cannons, Titans will end up coming through the destroyed gate in hordes.

There is still some time before the Titans start appearing. Eren should be fighting the colossal Titan about now.

I followed the crowd of people towards the evacuation point.

Hold on... A few days? An unsettling thought rose from my head. I recalled what the stranger had said before: it has been a few days since the training had finished.

Was that the same in the anime? Wasn't the timing supposed to be much shorter?

My mood darkened. What if the world started deviating from the original story? Is my presence the cause of of it or is it the world being unchained to plot armor.

Shit

I paused in my tracks and jumped up onto a nearby roof.

There are soldiers already fighting the Titans. I still have not seen Eren or his group yet but I spotted Mikasa ahead of her group.

I jumped back down onto the road and continued moving to the evacuation point.

Damn idiot is still blocking the opening with his oversized cart.

Seeing the stuffed cart in person was much much more irritating than watching the idiocy through a screen.

I started hearing rumbling sounds coming from behind and realized that it was probably Mikasa's turn soon.

As the Titan came barrelling down the street, a squad chased after it from behind, with Mikasa quickly catching up.

It seems like the story hasn't changed yet.

As soon as I said this, I regretted jinxing myself.

The Titan saw the group of humans and sped up, causing Mikasa to not be able to catch up in time.

Crap, what do I do... I need to find a way to stop the Titan or slow it down.

I created rocks onto my palms and got ready to throw. Two eyes... That should slow the Titan down right?

I reared my arm back and suddenly, my body started moving by itself. The rocks got sharpened within my grasp and were thrown with an insane amount of speed.

The rocks flew and striked true to their targets, causing the Titan to flinch before running sideways and into a building, allowing Mikasa to catch up and finish the job.

Phew. That was really close.

I backed off into the crowd and let Mikasa have her spotlight as she did what it is she do to get the cart away.

I started worrying about the rest of characters. Mikasa could have failed to catch up... What about the rest?

What if... Eren got killed?

I dashed away from the crowd and into a side street, making my way to the middle of the city.

A few times I met Titans which seemed to ignore me, however I decided to kill them in order to prevent anything bad that might happen. The weird thing was that whenever I decided to kill them, my body would mostly move by themselves, creating blades on my hands and jumping straight to the titan's nape to slice it off.

After running for a while, I jumped to a roof and leaped up to one of the tall towers, looking around for Eren, Armin or the santa Titan.

"Did Eren get eaten yet? I really hope he didn't die. Actually, will Eren even get eaten? He should." I mumbled to myself.

I spotted Armin and made my way near him, finding the santa Titan as well, walking away from Armin. I guess Eren got eaten but I really hope that he didn't get his spine crushed for something.

I landed nearby before following the santa Titan to confirm if Eren is alive or not.

However, the entire time I did not realise that I was getting tailed...

Mikasa Pov

I thought I would be able to catch the Titan but who knew that it sped up upon seeing the civilians.

This is bad.

I might not be able to - what?!

I saw a civilian step forwards and threw two rocks at incredible speeds and blinded the Titan.

But that's impossible. No one can throw that hard.

However thanks to that person, the Titan reared off course and crashed into a building, allowing me to kill it.

I spotted a cart blocking the evacuation point and went to confront the owner but suddenly, the strange civilian started dashing off into a street leading to the center of the city.

I chased after him, leaving the confrontation to one of my seniors.

The more I chased after him, the more surprised I was. He was running at speeds that I was having a hard time keeping up even with the 3DMG. Whoever that was, they were a combat veteran, taking out Titans within seconds. The weapons also came out from nowhere, one blink and there they were.

I continued following him, until I heard him mumbling about Eren getting eaten. I was shocked. Who was he, how did he know Eren and why did he want Eren to get eaten.

I felt anger rising but before I was able to do anything, I heard him saying that he didn't want eren to die, only to get eaten.

What did that mean? I followed him until I saw armin. I saw him chasing after another Titan and wanted to continue chasing but Armin was more important.

Tsk

I looked at him once more before moving To Armin.