06 | records

edited

one month later ______

one month later
______

dahlia

a throaty groan departs my lips as i feel two hands gripping onto my shoulder, shaking me.

"wake up it's your birthday!" i hear molly's voice scream in my ear, making my eyes shoot open.

"fuck me, do you have to be so loud?" my hand lands on my forehead as i sit up.

"uh yes i do 'cause you're finally seventeen!" molly's hands clap together.

"wow how exciting, can i please go back to sleep now?" i sarcastically humour her.

"okay just because it's your birthday doesn't mean i'm gonna be nice, now shut up and get your dumbass out of bed," the girl rolls her eyes, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of my comfy bed.

tiredly i make my way downstairs, molly leading me into the lounge room, where i see dad, mum, james and matt who all quickly notice me.

"happy birthday baby!" my mum exclaims, making her way over to me then throwing her arms around my shoulders, squeezing me tightly.

i slightly giggle, "thank you mum."

she let's go of me and steps back so the rest of the family can say their happy birthdays and whatnot, soon after i'm beginning to have presents shoved at my chest.

i sit down on one of the couches and my family and molly of course crowd around me, getting ready to watch me open their presents.

my hand reaches down for a small wrapped present that sat on the floor and place it on my lap, starting to tear the thin paper it's evident that whats inside are clothes. once the paper is completely off i throw it on the floor, firstly holding up a pair of jeans that i had been eyeing for a while now however never bought due to them being quite expensive.

immediately a smile spreads across my lips while my head tilts upwards, looking at my parents, "thank you, how did you know i've wanted these for ages?"

"molly was quite the help when it came to buying you clothes," mum chuckles, patting molly's shoulder.

my head moves over to molly as i give her a quick grin before holding up the next item of clothing, it was a tight black dress that was quite simple yet still very dashing to look at.

"what the fuck, why didn't you show me this? she can't wear that it's way to revealing!" i hear my father shriek as he takes in the appearance of the lovely dress.