Twenty

When Friday arrived, Jungkook hadn't returned to school yet but we had all visited him at his home a few times. He was getting antsy sitting at home constantly but the medicines he was taking made him way funnier than normal. Tae and I were currently sitting in art class talking about my date tonight. I had no idea what we were doing, Jimin had suggested wearing something comfortable though. "Tae, come on, I know you know what he's planning. Just give me a hint? Please?"
"Nope. I'm not saying a word."
"Kim Taehyung. Please????"
"No! Jimin will have my head if he finds out I told you! Do you want me to die?!"
"Um. No. But I REALLY want to know what he has planned!"
"Aly I will put paint on your face and in your hair if you don't stop asking! Just wear something comfortable and bring a light jacket or something just in case."
I groaned in frustration at Taehyung. I hated not knowing things. Especially when they involved me. After art was over I walked to history, a little nervous. Tia was already in her seat playing on her phone when I sat down. She looked over at me for a second, "So are you nervous?"
"A little. I'm more nervous that I have no clue what he's planning. No one will tell me anything and I'm honestly a little frustrated."
"Aly you have got to calm down. You can't be in control of everything. Sometimes it's good to let others be in control."
I snorted and shook my head. A moment later Jimin sat down and gave me a cute smile. "You sure you won't tell me what we're doing?" I asked him sweetly.
"No can do, I'm not telling you anything about it," he replied. I groaned and put my head on my desk. There was no use in trying to focus on history today. I doodled in my binder until it was finally time to leave.

Before I went home, Jimin walked me to my car and told me that he would pick me up at seven o'clock. When I walked into my house I sat on the living room floor with Penny. I petted her for a while before going to get ready for tonight. Once I showered and flat ironed my hair I thought carefully about what I should wear. Jimin had told me to wear something comfortable and Taehyung said to maybe bring a light jacket. After staring at my closet for what seemed like an hour I pulled out a baby blue two piece outfit. The shorts were flowy and high waisted so they could pass for a skirt and the top was a matching tank that was cropped. I figured that would be decent enough no matter what the date consisted of. I did my makeup slowly and with care as to not smudge anything. When I finally finished it was almost time for Jimin to pick me up. I ran a brush through my hair one last time and brushed my teeth for the twentieth time before slipping on a pair of white vans. I normally didn't carry a purse but as this outfit didn't have pockets I grabbed a small bag that could hold my phone, money, and lipstick. Before I could walk out of my room I remembered to grab a cardigan just in case. No sooner had I taken it off the hanger, there was a knock at the front door. I ran to open it and found Jimin holding flowers. He grinned sheepishly and offered the flowers to me, "I didn't know what your favorite flowers were...so I picked the prettiest ones that I could find that weren't the typical roses." I smiled back at him and took the flowers. They were gorgeous, there were Purple Coneflowers, Black-Eyed Susan's, and an abundance of Indian Blankets. Mom called them Firewheels, though. The assortment was gorgeous and smelt lovely. I grabbed his hand and led him inside so I could put them in a vase of water before we left. "They're perfect Jimin. I couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful."

After putting my flowers in water, I climbed into Jimin's car. "I hope you don't mind a drive to get there," he said.
"No, that's fine. So you're really not telling me what we're doing?"
"Nope," he replied with a smirk.
"Will you atleast tell me where we're going?"
"I'll tell you that when we get closer," he answered while pulling out of the driveway. I watched as we left the city and got onto the interstate. We talked easily for around twenty minutes before he told me that we were headed to Seabrook.
"I've never heard of Seabrook," I told him.
"It's a small town. But I have some things planned out." I honestly didn't care, I was just happy to be with him. The fact that he had thought this out though, that made my heart flutter and my stomach do backflips. Sure, I had dated a little before but no one had ever put time and effort into a date for me.