Twenty Eight

It was awkward. Scratch that, it was downright painful. Neither of us had said anything to each other since we left the car. I was angry at myself for being stupid, but I was also irritated at Jimin for not giving me space when that's what I wanted. At the same time, I understood why he didn't. He wanted to show that he cared. The silence in my room was deafening and I didn't know what to do or say. I padded towards my dresser and picked up one of my giant T-shirt's and a pair of shorts to change into. Jimin was sitting on the end of my bed watching me grab my clothes. I headed to my bathroom to change, but when I started to unzip my dress I couldn't get the zipper to keep going. I tugged on it a few more times hoping that I would win, but no such luck. I weighed my options for a moment and hesitantly called out to Jimin.
"Hey...Jimin?"
"Yeah?"
"Um...I need some help..."
I heard him mutter something along the lines of "yes, you do" but I didn't say anything. He was right. He knocked on the door lightly and I awkwardly opened it.
"What's wrong?"
"Um, the zipper. It's stuck or something."
"Turn around, let me see."
I did as he said and moved my hair over my shoulder. He sighed and laughed a little.
"What's funny?"
"Your zipper caught some of your shirt in it. I'm gonna have to work on getting it out."
"Great...can we do this in a spot where I can sit down? My knee is killing me now."

At that he looked down, realizing that my knee hadn't been cleaned up yet.
"Lose the tights, we'll clean up your knee first and then worry about the dress."
With that, he left the bathroom and waited for me to struggle with the tights. It took a minute to get them off because some of my blood had dried and made them stick to my leg, but I finally pulled them off. I pulled my shorts on and opened the door again. Jimin let out another small laugh.
"What," I asked, putting my hands on my hips.
"It's just funny. You're wearing a plaid dress that's pulled up around your hips and you've got on bright green running shorts."
I rolled my eyes and started towards my bed but was caught by his hand on my arm.
"Where are you going?"
"My bed?"
"No, we've got to clean your knee. Come on, hop on the counter."
I pushed myself on top of the counter and watched as Jimin carefully wet a rag with warm water. He sat on his knees and gently cleaned the excess blood off my leg before touching the actual wound. When he started to clean up the cut I involuntarily gasped. I was never one to handle physical pain well. He looked up at me and held my hand gently. I squeezed it while he continued working. The worst part was definitely the peroxide. I could tell he was trying to be gentle, but let's be honest. Peroxide on any wound hurts like a bitch. And I'm a big baby. I squirmed uncomfortably when he continued to clean with peroxide, but after a moment it was over. He put a small layer of Neosporin and a bandage over it, I let out a sigh of relief. He straightened up and I realized at that moment how absolutely stupid I had been. I knew before, but now it was even clearer to me. This boy cared about me. So much. And I was an idiot who said dumb shit out of anger. He met my eyes and I leaned forward, wrapping my arms around his torso.
"I'm so sorry. No matter how many times I say it, it'll never be enough."
"I know," he sighed while returning my hug.

He released me a little too soon for my liking, but I understood. We walked back into my room and I sat on my bed, Jimin climbing behind me to try and fix my zipper. It was still painfully silent while he worked and I was getting antsy.
"Jimin?"
"Hm?"
"Thank you."
"For what?"
"Being with me today. Cleaning up my knee. Fixing my broken zipper. Dealing with all of my craziness."
"Your zipper isn't broken. It's just stuck. And as for the other things, well that's what I signed up for when I asked you out. Although, I don't really appreciate you taking your anger out on me."
"I know...I'm really sorry about that. I just. I wanted space. I needed it."
"Then say you want space. Don't just shut down and block me out. That's not how relationships work," he said while tugging a little harder on the zipper.
"You're right. I was overreacting and I should have just said I needed space in the first place."
"Exactly. So next time you need space or time, just tell me. I want to be here for you, but I can't if you don't let me. You shut down and block people out because you're afraid of getting hurt. But did you ever think that you're hurting others when you do that?"
I hung my head. "No. I didn't. I was only thinking of myself."
"Next time, don't block me out. I didn't go off on your dad for no reason, you know."
"I- wait what?"
"What?"
"You said you went off on my dad?"
"Ah. Yeah. After you ran outside. That's why I didn't follow you immediately. Your dad said that you were being over emotional and I got pissed."
I turned to look at him, accidentally knocking his hands off the stuck zipper.
"You really went off on him? What did you say?"
"I told him that you weren't over emotional and that anyone in their right mind would have reacted the same way. In fact, your reaction was probably calm compared to what I would have done in a similar situation. I said that you deserved a better father and that he should be glad you used your words instead of your boots."
"You...you did that? For me?"
"Well...yeah..." he said awkwardly.
I leaned forward and kissed his cheek, "Jiminie...what would I do without you?"
"Well, you'd be stuck in that dress forever for starters..." he joked.
"I mean, I could just cut it off."
"If that was an option then I'd be the one cutting it off of you," he said with a wink.
I blushed deeply, "I hate you."
"No, you don't."
"You're right, I don't." I admitted while turning around, allowing him to continue working.
"Aly. In the car. I said to never do that to me again. I mean it."
"I know..." I whispered.
"I'm serious. The next time you say something like that, I'm done. I don't care how much I care about you. I'm not going to stay in a relationship and worry about getting dumped every time you're upset. Understand?"
"I do."
"Good. Now, I think...you're free," he said giving the zipper one last tug before it finally unzipped the rest of the way.
"Oh my god, thank you. You're the best," I said while turning around.
He gave me a smirk, "You know I can help you get out of that dress completely."
"Park Jimin!" I said, pushing his shoulder lightly.
"I'm kidding!"
I looked at him seriously.
"Okay, I'm mostly kidding."
I rolled my eyes and went to finish changing clothes.

When I came back out Jimin was laying on his side, and he gave me a small smile. I walked towards him, pulling my hair up into a bun as I walked.
"Scoot over. This is my bed."
"Make me," he challenged. I knew what he was implying, but instead I used all of my strength and managed to push him back a few inches. He laughed and I laid beside him.
I turned to face him, "We're okay, right?"
"Yeah. We're okay. Just promise me that you won't do that anymore. Okay?"
"Okay. I promise."
"Pinky swear," he said while holding out his pinky.
"I pinky swear," I replied while completing the promise.
"How are you doing now?"
"I'm okay I guess. I mean. I'm not falling apart anymore."
Jimin hummed in response, running his fingers through the loose strands of hair that didn't make it in my bun.
"Plus, I've got a really great guy with me."
"Yeah? Is he cuter than me?"
"Definitely. He's fine as hell. He makes me nervous and feel safe all at the same time."
"Does he really? Man I should get rid of that guy."
I smiled and he laughed. It was nice. Without thinking I leaned in a crashed my lips against his, putting all of what I wanted to say but couldn't express into it. I could tell he was surprised because I had never kissed him this roughly before, but he returned my kiss in the same way. Before I realized it I felt him nip at my bottom lip and I threaded my fingers into his hair. All of our kisses had been sweet and innocent up until this point. At some point I realized I had thrown my leg around his waist and his finger tips were tracing the bare skin on my thighs. I disconnected, taking a deep breath and he did the same. I unhooked my leg from around his waist and sat up.
"Sorry..."
"Why exactly are you apologizing?"
"I..." I was at a loss for words honestly. Why was I apologizing? He's my boyfriend.
"I don't know," I said with a laugh.
He sat up as well, pushing his hair out of his face. "You don't have to apologize for kissing me. Or making out with me. To be honest, I've been wanting to kiss you like that for a while but I never wanted to push you."
I blushed, "Well. Glad to get that out of the way then."
"Glad indeed," he said while leaning forward and placing a much gentler kiss on my lips.

A few minutes later I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. "Shit, are you still going to your class?"
"Yeah. Why?"
"Well it's getting close for you to leave for it."
He looked at the time, "Dammit. I need to run home and change too."
I did a quick bit of math in my head, realizing that he had atleast four minutes before he had to leave.
"You've got like four minutes. That gives you enough time to get home, change, and get to class."
"Okay?"
"Three and a half minutes," I said while pushing him back down and kissing him again. He groaned and kissed me back, grabbing my waist and pulling me on top of him. I blushed furiously but applauded myself in my head. I wasn't a bold person, but this was fun. A bit later I looked at the time and realized our time was up.
"You better get out of here if you want to get to class on time."
"You're the worst," he said while kissing the side of my neck. I shivered.
"Get out of here and go dance."
"You're not coming with me?"
"I don't think that's a good idea..."
"Why's that?"
"Um..."
"Oh right, you think inappropriate thoughts about me when I dance," he teased.
"Oh shut up, you probably think inappropriate thoughts about me all the time."
"Not all the time. Just when you do stuff like this."
I rolled my eyes, "You're running out of time."
"Yeah yeah yeah," he said while getting off my bed. I pouted slightly, but he bent over and kissed me again.
"I'll see you tomorrow."
"Text me when you get home tonight. Okay?"
"Of course."
"And have fun!"
"Maybe," he said while closing the door to my bedroom behind him.
I sighed and threw myself backwards onto my bed. What a fucking day.