prologue

Title: Cyber Love (temporary name)

Part: 0; Prologue

Pairing: Harry/Louis + Liam/Zayn

Word Count: 924

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: swearing; major fluff (if I do this right); homosexuality; mentions of gay sex

Disclaimer: This is unfortunately untrue.

A/N: So I see a lot of fics where Harry & Louis meet online, but I've never seen one where it's in Harry's POV, so here it is :)

Summary: When Harry's best friend convinces him to sign up for a dating website, Harry feels as desperate as he can get. But when he meets someone, he starts wondering if maybe the dating website wasn't such a bad idea after all ...

Harry moaned as the blankets were snatched off him, and his bare chest was exposed to the chilly air of the morning ... Or afternoon. He kept his eyes shut even as he heard Liam talking to him, barely registering what he was saying. He didn't care anyways, all he knew was that it was way too early in the morning for this. 

"... Almost two o'clock. Just because you don't have work today doesn't mean that you can sleep around."

Harry groaned, grabbing his pillow and throwing it in the general direction of his best friend. When he didn't have work, what else was he supposed to do, other than sleep? Watch crappy reality TV shows? Yeah, right.

"Fuck off." Harry grumbled into the bedsheets, his head still buried in the mattress. 

Liam glared at him for a couple of seconds before shrugging. "Okay, cool. Do whatever you want. I'm just going to make some breakfast in your kitchen." Although Liam tried feigning nonchalance, it was poorly disguised. 

Harry hated when Liam went in the kitchen to cook something, mainly because he ended up making a big mess, which Harry had to clean it up. He quickly shot out of bed, almost tripping over his own feet and running to the kitchen, where Liam stood leaning against the counter with a triumph smirk on his face. 

Harry glared at him, his curls astray and his boxers rumpled. He grumbled something about nuisances when he noticed that Liam wasn't cooking anything. After standing there for a couple of minutes and realizing he wasn't going to get any more sleep, he decided to go upstairs and take a shower, just like Papa Liam wanted him to. 

 * ~ * ~ * ~ *

After he took a shower and cleaned himself up, he went back to the living room to find Liam using his laptop. Harry immediately narrowed his eyes in suspicion. What was Liam doing snooping through his history?

"Come on mate, can you get more pathetic?" Liam asked when he noticed Harry enter the kitchen.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, then his eyes lit up in recognition and a blush colored his cheeks as he saw what Liam was looking at. 

History:

(8:15 PM) gays fucking in washroom -porn.com

(8:45) gay dude gets lucky blow job on airplane -porn.com

(9:13) gay couple have intimate sex for anniversary -porn.com

"T-That's none of your business, Li!" Harry manages to splutter out through his embarrassment, and disbelief that he was having this conversation with Liam, out of all people.

Liam looked up at him from his postion on the sofa with solemn look on his face. "Let's face it, Harry. You seriously need to get laid. In fact, you just need a boyfriend in general, because I don't know if I can be best friends with someone that's this horny."

"But you don't have anyone in your life either!"

"I'm different, because I'm not a horny monster that gets turned on by everything."

Harry narrowed his eyes at Liam. "Fuck you, Liam. Jesus, if you really think I'm that desperate, what do you suggest we do? Post an ad in the local newspaper? Oh yeah, that'll bring all the boys right in!"

Liam half-choked, half-laughed, then looked back at Harry with a smile. "No. We're putting you on a dating website."

Harry looked confused for a second, before his eyes widened comically and he started shaking his head aggresively. "No. No. No. No. No fucking way, mate. I don't want to look desperate. That's the worst thing someone can look like. I. Do. Not. Want. To. Look. Desperate."

Liam rolled his eyes. "But you are desperate."

"Yeah, but I'm not supposed to look like it!"

"Listen. Just give it a try, okay? If you don't meet anyone in, say, a month, then you can give up and delete your account."

"Well it's not like you're giving me a choice, are you?"

Liam rolled his eyes (He seemed to do that a lot with Harry), and then opened a new tab on Google Chrome, typing in the url of a website Harry had never heard of. He looked at Liam with suspiscious eyes. "How do you know the url of this website?"

This time, it was Liam's turn to blush. "Well, I may have, uh, um, went on there a bit."

Harry barked out a laugh, but decided not to bug his friend about it further. He watched as Liam filled in all the necessary information to register for the dating website, his heart beating a mile a minute. 

Name: Harry Styles

Username: chesirecurls

Password: ********

Confirm Password:  ********

Birthdate: 1st February, 1994

Gender: Male

Interested in: Male

Country: United Kingdom

Email: harrystyles@hotmail.co.uk

Submit

Harry sucked in a breath as soon as Liam hit submit, grinning victoriously. Then, he glanced at the time, and quickly got up, putting the laptop on Harry's lap.

"Listen, Harry, I gotta get to work. Penelope's gonna kill me if I get to work late again. Just ... Don't delete it, okay? See what happens. There's nothing that could go wrong."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah. Go to work. Say hi to Cher for me. Oh, and ask Andy if he's still coming over tonight?"

"Can't you text him?"

"Fuck you."

Liam laughed at Harry's response, putting on his jacket and walking out the door, slamming it in the process. As soon as he left, Harry's eyes wandered back to the problem at hand. To delete or not to delete? After a couple of minutes of internal debate, Harry huriddly wrote an "about me," uploaded a decent picture, then ignored all the ads and pop-ups on the website and logged off.

Liam owed him big time.