Welcome to the Underworld

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PROCEED! 

I'm thrilled to announce that this story has now been published on GALATEA and therefore ONLY 3 sample chapters will remain free on Wattpad. If you wish to read the full story of Penny and Haze, please download the Galatea app and purchase Untie the Knot over there. 
Thank you! Flora

+++++++++++++

This story is my first attempt at writing contemporary romance and I hope you'll enjoy this sweet love story. It's a modern retelling of Hades and Persephone and originally started out as a novella for the ONC 2020 (Open Novella Contest), which I then decided to expand into a full-length novel. It's completed at approximately 71.600 words, ready for your binging pleasure from start to finish.

It does contain mature themes, which are mainly sexual innuendos, and one moderately explicit chapter.

Snuggle up on your sofa with your hot cocoa, coffee, or tea--whichever you prefer--and get ready for an emotional ride with meet cute and all that jazz that will leave you feeling all fluffy and warm inside. A comfort read for when times are tough.

Blurb

Penny Lane hates weddings, especially her mother's. She'd rather spend time at the flower shop or listening to music, no, not the Beatles. She never quite forgave her mother for that one.

Haze Delacroix, tall, dark, and handsome, is the charismatic owner of Underworld Delicacies, and always gets what he wants. The only exception: finding a suitable wife has proven harder than what he'd expected.

When Haze is hired to cater the wedding reception of Penny's mother, the two meet and sparks fly. Too many mojitos and one frivolous proposal later, they find themselves in a rather unexpected and possibly indecent relationship.

But love does what love wants, and neither Penny nor Haze are prepared for what life throws at them.

Achievements

Wattys Shortlist 2021

Editor's Picks 09/21

ONC Ambassador Picks 2020

Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered 4/20

Featured on @retold 5/21

1st place Romance in The Spring Awards 4/20

1st place Romance/Chicklit MajesticInc Universal Awards 5/20

1st place Romance in The Rising Gem Awards 5/20

1st place Romance in The Dream Awards 8/21

Best Couple Award in The Romance Fiction Awards 7/21

One of the top 10 ONC stories featured on ThePeacockShow 4/20

Book of the Month 8/21 on @retold

Copyright

© 2020-21 by Flora Nocturna (AM Martínez). All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any matter whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

 This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any matter whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review

Images by Jonathan Borba and Margarita Zueva on Unsplash, cover design and chapter aesthetics made by me.