XVII

'Flight AGD1534 going to Hongkong. Please proceed to Gate 3.'

I stood up and got my bag that contains my laptop and some clothes.

I still haven't heard anything from Jia since last night and I wast starting to worry. Worry that I might loose a friend because of my generosity, which I still believe there is nothing wrong with. I just bought her some things.....

'Final call for Flight AGD1534 going to Hongkong. Please proceed to Gate 3.'

After another almost 14 hours. I was at the LAX, and my brother was waving at me.

"Hello princess." He said wearing a jogging pants and a jacket.

"Hi, Kuya. Lamig na lamig ha? Di kaya ng taba mo?"

"Ang sama ng ugali. Haha. I missed you."

"Missed you too, big guy."

"So where to? Dinner?"

"Yes please. I'm starving."

We drove to my favorite resto and ate in peace talking about the business.

The following morning, we went to the company. Jus and Juliet were excited to see me even hugged me the moment they saw me. Apologized after realizing that I was their boss.

I held a meeting with them and other key person needed for my visit. After the meeting, Kuya, Me, Jus and Juliet had lunch together.

At 4pm, I went out to go to grocery store to buy some snacks during my stay. I walked BTW, cause you know my brother is so sweet that he didn't offered his car for me to use, saying he has to be somewhere. When in fact that he just don't want me to use his Toyota Supra.

During my walk I passed by a group of girls wearing jersey. At first I was sure that they are basketball players but realized that I was wrong when I saw someone familiar that was with them.

"Deanna?"

"Bei?"

"Oh my God Deanna!"

"Oh my God Ate Bei!" She basically ran to me like and hugged me tight. "What are you doing here?" She clearly picked up an accent here. Her Cebuana tone was not so evident anymore.

"I was visiting... Oh my God I cannot believe. What a small world right?!" Then it dawned on me. She was here to study. She left her life at the Philippines. Volleyball, family and of course Jema. Jema who is now with Fhen. Does she know? If not, does she have to know?

"Bei?"

"Hmmn? What was that?"

"We are going to play kasi. And uh, we lack players. Do you think you can play?"

"I'm uh, rusty. But I want to try." She smiled at me.

"Com'on Bei." She ran towards her team and I followed suit. "Hey guys, this is Bea. My college team captain."

"Hi Bea, we need players, one of our middle hitters got sick. She can't make it." Their team captain said in a very strong thick American accent.

"I can play."

She looked at me from head to toe. "We don't have a change of clothes for you."

I shook her head and removed my polo shirt and carefully set it aside. "Let's play some ball."

"Bei, do you still like your sets...."

"Low and fast, close to the net."

"Okay. Let's show them some UAAP caliber play."