Shadow Day Part 2

Yaoyorozu didn't wait around after school. She headed straight back to the dorms. She had to mentally prepare for her mother's arrival the following day. She knew her mother wouldn't waste an opportunity to see how useless she thought her daughter was as a hero. Tomorrow was going to be utter hell.

When Yaoyorozu finally made it to the dorms, she went straight up to her room. She wasn't going to come out until the morning. She had a couple apples in her room for dinner if she got hungry. She changed out of her clothes and straight into her pajamas. Since she felt like shit, she decided to wear her favorite set. A pink satin top with matching shorts. It was one of her more revealing sets, but she wasn't hosting any company tonight.

Yaoyorozu grabbed her backpack and got out all her homework. Doing her homework took her mind away from the impending doom tomorrow. Unfortunately there wasn't a lot to do today. Just some Hero History and a three page paper for English. This will distract her mind for about an hour. Then maybe she can take a nap. She didn't usually nap, but this was an exception.

After finishing her homework, Yaoyorozu laid down under her covers and slowly fell into slumber. She woke up to her phone vibrating. She picked it up and noticed that she had twenty-three missed calls from her mother. This wasn't good. And on top of that it was already 10:30. She slept for WAY longer than she had anticipated. She was in for an earful from her mother.

Yaoyorozu day up and quickly hit the call back button and just mentally prepared herself. The call was picked up after one ring.

'How dare you ignore my calls. Where have you been. I've been trying to get ahold of you for hours.' Aiko Yaoyorozu spat into the phone.

"I'm sorry mother! I had my phone charging in my room and I was doing homework down in the common room with some others. I forgot about my phone until now. I promise it won't happen again." Yaoyorozu lies through her teeth. What her mother doesn't know won't hurt her.

'I'll let it pass this once. Don't let it happen again. You have a phone so I can get ahold of you. And homework should be done on your own. You'll simply get distracted when you're around other students. I don't need you failing!'

"Yes ma'am." This wasn't starting out pleasant. "So mother, will you be coming out tomorrow? I was wondering if I should be expecting you." Yaoyorozu tried to sound happy and hopeful. However it was all an act.

'That was precisely what I was calling for. I will be coming tomorrow. This will be your chance you prove to me that you should be there.'

"What do you mean?" Yaoyorozu's heart dropped.

'If I'm not impressed, you will be pulled out and will be going to another prestigious school that focuses on academics. I already have arrangements ready at Horikoshi Gakuen in Tokyo.'

"Horikoshi Gakuen?! That's almost four hours away! How would I possibly even attend?!" Yaoyorozu all but shrieked.

'We have a fully furnished apartment waiting for you no more than three blocks from the school. Your father and I will visit every few months to make sure everything is going well. However, I don't believe you will have much of a problem adjusting.'

Silence filled the air. Yaoyorozu was shocked. Everything sounded so final. Was the decision already made? Was there even a point for her mother to come tomorrow? Could she even change her mind?

'Well Momo, it's late. You need to sleep for tomorrow. As do I. I will see you tomorrow. Good night.' And with that Aiko hung up the phone.

What just happened? Yaoyorozu sat in her dark room in disbelief. She couldn't cry. There was nothing there. She still didn't believe what she had just heard. Her breathing started to pick up and she started to feel really warm. She needed to leave the darkness of her room or she felt like she would suffocate. She jumped off her bed and ran out of her door not even caring what she was wearing. It was already pretty late and most people would be in bed already. The cool hallway helped a lot. The air somehow felt thinner than the air in her room. Her breathing returned to normal and now she could think about what had gone down. She knew that she needed to call her mother again. Maybe she just had a nightmare. That was it. Yaoyorozu quickly dialed her mother's phone again.