Am I Dreaming?

Jiang Cheng

He was glad he had lasted that long against Wuxian, because it meant that his training with Lan Xichen, when he had visit Jin Ling in the Golden Tower had paid off, however, after Wuxian teasing him about Xichen, he wonder how will he react to the man when they meet again. They had develop a friendship, during those months he was appointed as the Chief Cultivator and he had enjoy his company, but he had never thought of it in a romantic way, as his brother had suggested.

"Living with a Lan was not bad at all?" Yeah, Xichen was too kind to be hard to live with. He was an understanding kind of man, that would always see the good in you even if your heart was as black as charcoal.

"Don't you glance at him and admire him when he is not looking?" Damn, he had done so a few times, but not as Wei Wuxian had suggested. His presence was one that drew attention, he was their Chief, after all.

"Enjoying his company, perhaps way too much?" Well, he did enjoy spending time with him, he was kind enough to offer to train him a bit in the art of the Lan Clan, so he would be more even when dueling his brother. There was nothing romantic about it.

"What about making him drunk? Did you take advantage of it?" He was no Wei Wuxian! They had a few social events in which Xichen had drink a cup out of courtesy, but it had never pass through his mind to take advantage of him. Actually, he had help him out, in order for him not to embarrass himself in front of others, there was no hiding mining to it.

"Damn Wuxian! He came and make my life a mess again and my Clan a love board!" Jiang fumed, as he walked through the gardens toward the pagoda that his sister used to visit. There was evidence that Lan Wangji had been there confessing his love for Wuxian, but at that point he didn't care. In fact, he kind of envy the two, for finding the right ones in their lives, when he had the change and let it slip through his fingers like water.

His sister loved the view from there, as a big part of the Lotus Lake could be seen, well... not as full of lotus anymore, but at least, Wangji didn't pick them all. He sighed.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Jin Ling yelled and Cheng turned to look at him in company of his two best friends, Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi. In a way, he was connected to the Lan Clan in so many ways that sometimes it looked as if fate was pushing them on him whatever he likes them or not.

"What is it, brat?" Jiang Cheng asked to his nepew.

"Hey, I'm no brat! What's wrong with you guys? Maybe you are getting old..." Jin Ling whisper under his breath, yet Cheng heard him clear enough.

"Jin Ling, don't be disrespectful. He is your uncle and the leader of the Jiang Clan." Sizhui said politely, greeting his elder with respect. At least, this one resemble more Wangji than Wuxian. Good.

"Hum... sorry. Uncle... can you let us go night hunting tonight? Wei  Wuxian said that he will come if you give us permission. Can we? Please, uncle..." Jiang Cheng sighed. Jin Ling was quite eager to spent some time with his other uncle, so how he could refuse it?

"As long as you behave while in here, you can go tonight. You will leave Fairy with me, otherwise your second uncle will not move a single step from Wangji's back." Cheng said, while Jin Ling widen his eyes in surprise.

"What? Change your mind already?" Cheng asked, seen him so surprised.

"Ah, no!" Jin Ling assured him.

"Then why are you looking at me like that?" Jiang asked.

"You called Wuxian my second uncle..." He did? Jiang asked himself and sighed yet again. Despite the troubles, it looked like he was getting used to Wuxian as a brother once more.