-Chapter 1-

It's been hours.

Hours of driving, hours of packing. My parents were taking me to the the best school in the world: Goiky High. Unfortunately, it was really far away from where I lived, so it took some time to get there. And by some.. I mean a REALLY long time. I enrolled some time in the summer, when we tried getting there we kept getting lost! GPS isn't always the best source to track down a location I guess.. But it worked this time. I had almost made it there. The area it was in, Yoyle City, was truly breathtaking. So many buildings, so many people walking down the streets, I'd never seen anything like it! I couldn't help but take a few pictures with my Polaroid camera, one of the many things I had packed.

Despite it being a high school, they had dorms to stay in. That was one of the many good things about the school. It knew how many people were far away from Yoyle City due to it being so goddamn expensive to live there, so they decided to make dorms for the people who lived far! It was a great idea!

Then finally.. We pulled up. I got out of the car and gave my mom and dad a kiss goodbye, and headed my way in. It was a really big building, lots of students were walking around, the building was white with light, baby blue sides and railings. I saw a group of students standing on one side of the hallway, just talking. This.. was the worst part of high school.. I have to meet new friends, and I'm really not the best at doing that. But hopefully I can find someone to be friends with. On the other side of the hallway, I could see another girl walking along, eyes covered in her hair, wearing a large, comfy looking sweater. Following her was a girl with tons of bracelets and holding up a sign, screaming something out loud. Honestly, hearing that is kind of annoying. Her voice screeched across the entire building, but nobody seemed to mind apparently.

I had to walk to the principal's office to get my schedule, since they printed it out on a piece of paper

I had to walk to the principal's office to get my schedule, since they printed it out on a piece of paper. Odd choice, but oddly proficient nonetheless. Then I bumped into someone. Oops. I was too caught up in my thoughts to notice.. She rested herself on the floor, rubbing her head and groaning. "O-ow.." She murmured. I didn't know how to respond at all.. Should I apologize?? Or.. Something? After a while of mindless contemplating, she got up. "Mm.. Are- you ok?" She asked. Her voice oddly gentle and charming. She hair puffy, green hair, and blue fish earrings, with a red.. hairpin.. thing. I'm not quite sure what it was. But anyways, I really have to respond before the conversation got more awkward. "Umm.. Yeah!.. I'm- I'm fine. I was just walking to the principal's office and I didn't see you and-" I get cut off. "No, you're good! I wasn't looking either. I'm Taco." She replied. Taco, huh?

"Oh! W-well my name's Book. Nice to meet you!.." "New student, I'm guessing?" I nod. "Well, I can show you to the principal's office if you don't know where you're going." I pondered for a moment. I knew where the office was, but this could be a chance to make a new friend! She seemed nice. I nodded. "Alright then, I can show you around on the way too. The office is kind of a ways to go." I looked at her for a minute. "Yeah, sure. I'd like that."

Word Count: 614