Gene X Sylvester (Part 1)

"Sylvester, I'm leaving for tonight. Is that all right?" Gene murmured absentmindedly, absorbed in examining his nails. 

Sylvester sighed, snapped away a mess, and balanced a crooked table. "You literally just arrived, though." 

"When will you actually help me with the bar?!" Sylvester snapped.  

Sylvester finally had enough. He held his breath in anticipation, and awaited a response.

"Well?" 

...

"Sylvester, darling," Gene swooned, whirling his diamond-cane through the air, slamming it on the sturdy wood-floor dramatically.

"I love it when you finally call me out--You look so cute." A brilliant blue of pizazz gleamed from his manipulative and egotistical eyes.

Strutting towards Sylvester, his cane echoing off the hardwood floor, Gene swooshed his cape and swirled his fair blonde hair. 

"Must you always try flirting with me? It won't help," Sylvester whispered coyly.  Hairs of deep umbra and tendrils of black covered Sylvester's elegant expression, utterly contrasting Gene's radiance but nevertheless enhancing it.

Sylvester snapped his fingers with a pleasant pop, and a tea set fit with steaming Earl Grey appeared. 

"You know how much I hate that smell. The flavor is disgraceful as well. Truly contemptible for a mademoiselle such as myself," Gene teased with a chuckle.

Gene sat across from Sylvester; together, they took an long, dramatic sip.   

"This tea reminds me of you. The inside zest is questionable. However, the exterior, the deep caramel brown, is quite mesmerizing," Sylvester responded. 

The sparkly blonde one chuckled.

The shadowed one narrowly smiled.  

Gene tested a second sip and critiqued. "Indeed, the taste is atrocious. But this momentary bliss with you, Sylvester, I cannot deny it's appeal." 

The drug-addicted psychopath readjusted his split-ends away from his eyes to noticeably stare at the omnipotent god ahead of him.

"Gene." 

"Hm?" 

"You're drooling." 

"For good reason," he winked. 

A vibrant pink blossomed on Sylvester's cheeks. 

"Pink looks good on you, try it more often. You've always worn that dreadful black; classy but not flashy," Gene teased as he concealed a faint tomato-red from his cheeks with his purple top hat.

"I should be going now," Gene hurried,  "A certain reptile is probably angry with me. We scheduled a meeting today."

"Oh-really? Y-you have to leave so soon?" Sylvester muttered, startling himself with his disappointment.        

Gene stopped mid-way from getting off the chair, and looked questionably at Sylvester, who was now diligently sweeping the floor in embarrassment.

"I suppose-" Gene slowly started, "I could stay a bit longer... I've always skipped the meetings, anyways."   

He laid his dazzling diamond cane and stately top hat on the table, pushed in their chairs, and had one last sip of Earl Grey. 

Sylvester disposed of his intricately designed broom, and straightened his clothing, identifying whether Gene was being earnest or not. 

"Where to, darling?"  

(end of part 1)  

(sneak-peak for next part: )