Chapter Three

"Foster!" someone screamed in Sophie's ear the next morning. Sophie nearly went flying as she shot up and out of her bed.

"Are you serious Keefe?" Sophie grumbled as she struggled to find her way out of the sheets that had went flying with her.

Keefe laughed and light suddenly flooded the inside of the sheets as he lifted the edge and smirked at her. "You weren't waking up. Besides, you should be happy. Gigantor wanted to slap you awake but I didn't let him."

Sophie sighed, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Your useless."

"And handsome."

"Whatever."

She laughed as she crawled towards where Keefe was holding the edge up, sighing as she laid on the soft carpet of her room.

Keefe sat beside her, staring at her.

"What?" Sophie asked, annoyed yet happy.

Keefe shrugged. "Your just adorable when your stressed. That worry line on your forehead says it all."

Sophie scrunched her nose at him, making him laugh. Oh gosh, his laugh. Keefe's laugh always made her heart flutter and right now, in this moment, it was as prominent as ever.

"Whatever. Now, what are you doing here?" Sophie asked, getting back to the topic at hand.

Keefe smirked as he stood, walked to the table, and threw a box at her. "Go ahead. I'll let you be."

He flashed one more smile at Sophie, which made her heart race, and exited Sophie's room.

Sophie sighed, opening the box and finding a packet in a folder along with bags of clothes.

As quick as she could, Sophie threw on the clothes, which consisted of a flowing red tunic, black leggings, and black boots. She also tied her hair up in a bun, adding tints of makeup to her face as well.

Once she was done, Sophie plopped down on her bed, prying the folder open. Inside, she found headshots of the Neverseen along with their last location and a letter from the Collective.

Dear Miss Foster,

If your getting this, then this means that you accepted our mission. Thank you. As you know, Mr. Sencen is coming with you as well.

Inside this folder, you will find pictures of the Neverseen members the Council needs kidnapped. Lady Gisela, Fintan, Vespera, and Ruy.

Hope that this won't be to hard to complete. You will not return to Havenfield until the time comes. Thank you for understanding.

Yours truly,

The Collective

"Read the letter, huh?" Keefe asked from the doorway.

"Yup," Sophie said without looking up from the letter. "Interesting, isn't it?"

Keefe sat beside her, skimming the page. "I guess." He paused, like he was hesitating. "What I'm about to tell you, you must never repeat. Ever."

Sophie put the paper down, taking Keefe's hand in hers. "You can tell me anything."

He blew a breath out of his lips. "So I like someone."