Prologue

I am not in the mood.

It's barley morning, I still didn't have my coffee, my hair is a mess, and every ounce of my body is screaming no. Another day in this wretched job...I can't wait to go to the spa after this.

I swiftly look at my watch to see that it's 7:50 am , shouldn't be long till they come. I enter his work space and jump on the spinning chair without missing a beat. I wonder how they kill time whenever they aren't doing whatever gaurd duty they do in this security office.

I spin around as I study the room around, studying every little detail. Nothing has changed from my last time around, but it looks like he finally cleaned up the place from the dump it was before. Screens are all over the walls here showing every single room, every corridor, hell even some of the areas outside the building. Guess when you are in a big company like this one you need the security. Thankfully they left the toilets alone.

"Didn't think I'd see a friendly face here." My husband, Mark, surprise kisses me from behind while I'm distracted. "What brings you here sweetie? I thought your office is a couple of floors down."

"Just came to drop you some coffee and donuts, because somebody forgot it was their turn to prepare it today!" I give him a death stare as a drop of sweat rolls down his face.

"Really sorry angel, won't forget it next time! Maybe you can forgive me this once?" He attempts to give me puppy eyes but I throw a donut at his face, "Apologize later with 20$, and I'll consider letting this time slide."

I stick my tongue out as he lets out a defeated sigh that's followed by a chuckle. He heads for his desk as he enjoys the blueberry donut I got him, won't forget his favorites.

"But seriously Hannah, why are you here? Knowing you, you would have left me to starve until lunch." He stops devouring the donjt gives me a detective look and raises an eyebrow. Always loved how well he knows me.

"I'd be lying if I don't admit that a part of me didn't fall in love with you for that look alone." I go up to him and put my hands on his shoulders and look straight into his eyes. "But please stop eating so viciously, you look like a beast." I grab my napkin from my work suit, and wipe some jam off their face.

"Well you sure seem to love this beast in bed." If I could wipe off that snarky grin on his face, trust me, I would. "But it's not time to talk about beauty and the beast. You won't escape the question that easily." Looks like I have to think something up.

"Can't blame me for trying though. Honestly though, I just need some space to breathe, it's hectic in my department right not, and I hate everyone's voices.." For a moment my eye wanders towards the screens and notice a shadowy figure infront one of the cameras. But...I don't know that silhouette..

"Uh-huh. Are you trying to spy on Janis again? I already told you she isn't the one who steals the cupcakes." She fucking is and you know it!

Ugh, not the topic for now, focus.

"Uh honey, I think there's someone on the cameras.." The camera with the shady figure suddenly flashes an asylum style mask before turning to static.

"You won't trick me Hannah. I know you far too well." Mark laughs it off, like the idiot he is, I swear this will kill you one day Mark. I glance at my clock in a second, it's still too early.

"No really, look." I force his chair to spin right as 3 other cameras turn to static. The smile on his face disappeared as fast as it came and quickly enters panic mode. He then starts working on the other computer to check what's wrong. "They're busted, someone teared them off the wall."

"We need to call help." I start dialing the police and right as I hold my phone to my ear I notice another figure. They zoom almost instantly past the security cameras, turning off each one that they pass. Before reaching the floor we're in, and for a second I get to see a glimpse of what they are. An all too familiar Hockey mask and hoodie, it's that new super. Usually I'd be happy there's help coming, but why is HE here??

The police pick up, "911 here, how can we help you."
"Quick! Send help, there's a super attackin-"

My sentence gets cut off by an explosion thats right outside our door, knocking it off of it's hinges straight towards me. It's launched towards me at high speeds and it feels like time slowing down as it gets closer.

Not enough time to get out of the way, and I don't have anything to block it with. Well won't this hurt badly...

All of a sudden I feel a tackle and time seems to return to normal speed again. I crash into the ground as the door continues and crashes into the screens shattering most to bits. I look next to me to find Mark with a very worried look on his face, "Don't ever stand still like that again! You were going to get crushed!"

We suddenly heat footsteps right out the door as something approaches. Mark opens his tablet and accesses a hidden camera for the hallway of this floor. "Go hide, that super's here." He then pushes me towards a locker as the footsteps become louder and heavier.

I rush imto the locker and peak through the small holes on the door. That asylum freak enteres the room and gives my husband a dead cold state. "Serum number 247. Where is it." He itches closer toward mark, as he holds his ground and tries his best not to look straight at me.

"That's classified information, the type even I don't know. I could have told you to use the cameras," he looks at the bundles of broken glass and cut wires, "but you did a number on them." He stays as I notice his hand reaching for the stun gun in his back pocket.

"I can smell a liar from a mile away, if you wont tell me.." a weird firey flow of energy starts going from his arm up to his hands, has he points them at him. "Then I'll bolw the way to it myself."

"Too bad you can't smell badass from a mile away BlowJob!" Before you know it the shadow super charges in with a bat, swinging it straight at...BlowJob? What a horrible name choice..

The shadow gets stopped in his tracks however as the asylum super dodges his bat then grabs him by the neck. "For the last time. My. Name. Is. NOT. BLOWJOB."

The shadow just smirks and says, "Too bad you suck like one." BlowJob gets enraged and shouts as he throws the shadow at the wall with full force.

"It's about time I taught you a lesson!" He then launches his energy as an explosion at the shadow, sending him and the wall falling from off this sky scraper.

He then looks back at my husband and says, "Where was I."

The freak gets the stun gun shot straight to his head, "What the hell is this?!"

"A shocking surprise." Mark doesn't miss a beat and activates it on the highest voltage. The freak show screams and twitches before falling on the ground.

"Out cold."

I kick the locker open then run straight to Mark, giving him the tightest hug I can. "Don't scare me like that again!" I say as I pretty much strangle him with my bear hug. Once I let go he gives me a tired smile, and I can see his hands trembling from everything. Can't blame him, he did end up saving my life, and knocking that freak down.

I look again at the unconscious body one last time, after letting out a sigh of relief I look at the exit. I'm leaving early, screw this.

Right as I start heading towards it, I notice something in the corner of my eye.

A claw coming from door, leaving scratch marks as the fist closes to grab the frame.

I think my heart just stopped.