Chapter 33: Best Day Ever!

Quintrine's PoV

I got captured by the Highlord army but I'm having a blast! It's so much fun to actually have people listening to my stories. They did hurt me a little but I don't mind. I love having an audience for once. Rosa, Nava, and Nightbreeze never listen to me. The Knights sigh and groan during the best parts. So I know they are listening. I don't mind when they keep changing and give me more people to listen to my stories. I noticed that three of them look to be the same ones that repeatedly keep coming in the morning but I could be wrong. They all look so alike in the same armor. I'm enjoying myself so much that even though I'm tied to a chair and can barely move I'm still having fun. I didn't know that the Highlord army would love my stories. They take great care of me that I'm enjoying it. The main person to come is the leader of the whole army gathering here. He is always wearing his armor so I can't see what he looks like. But he looks really tall and super intimidating. I wish they would let me get up and walk all around the camp. I want to stretch my legs and see what there is here. I continue telling them my story about a dream I had. I tell them “one time I was dreaming that everyone could fly. I didn't realize how scary heights could be and I stopped flying. But some reason I didn't die. I was still flying. Isn't that crazy? Well I woke up and I thought I was in the air and I freaked out. Luckily no one was near me so I didn't wake anyone up.”

One of the Knights says “Tell us about more recently. We don't need your whole past and everything that you have done or dreamed about.”

“That's a great idea! Let me think... Oh! I know a great story! One day I was walking down a trail and I saw a group of humans walking with their bows out. They were so scared when I jumped out and scared them! They almost shot me they were that scared. Can you believe I actually scared someone? Well after that we started talking and I showed them how to use their bows better and they told me about there past and their town and helped me find the way to the town I was headed to. They were amazing! I'm great friends with all of them! Although…. I don't really know where they live. I guess I will just have to find that out. But humans live way shorter lives than Elves do. So that might be hard to do.”

The Knights all groan and I continue to tell them stories. They are more recent ones. I know not to tell them my most recent stories with my friends. I'm smarter than that. They don't need to know what we are planning. The leader walks inside right in the middle of one of my stories and I stop talking. He says “Your friends are in my camp. I know they are here. Tell me who they are and I will let you go. You aren't helpful at all. Tell me or else I will kill you.”

I tell him “I have no idea what you're talking about. My friends aren't here. If they were then I would know. They would have told me they were here.”

He gets frustrated and says “From now on, she's going to be in the middle of the camp where everyone can see her. She can tell her stories. They keep coming here in there group of three. You three take off your helmets.”

They quickly obey and we all see that they aren't Elves. The leader tells them “Move her to the middle of the camp.”

They put their helmets back on then lift the chair I am tied to. They bring me outside and put me in the middle of the camp then walk away. The leader says “Go ahead and tell your stories. No one will listen now when they don't have to worry about you running away.”

He walks away and I sit here stunned. Are my friends really here? I don't see how he could know. I look around and I see everything that's going on. There's Humans, Elves, some Half-Elves, Dragonians, Ogres, Goblins, Dragons, Wizards, Knights, Dragons, and so many more. It's filled with activity all over the place. Knight's not in there armor and others are at what I'm guessing is a food line. Others are taking care of there armor at the armory. Getting it cleaned or fixed. Others are training with fake weapons. They look real but they aren't actually real. I look and I see someone in the distance watching me. I squint and try to see better and I see someone with long hair. Do the men here have long here? I haven't really seen there long hair but then again when I was in the tent they were always wearing their armor. How can they wear that when it's super hot outside? I don't understand but they can somehow wear it. Who needs armor when you can move around quickly? Elves are trained in fighting and stealth. More specifically the Kagonesti Elves are the best at stealth. The Qualinesti are the best at combat. The Silvanesti are old fashioned and are a mixture of both. They are also really selfish and in my opinion jerks. Not all of them are mean but a majority of them are. They think they were the first Elves and that makes them the superior Elven race.

Anyways back to what I saw. I'm always thinking about all kinds of random things that aren't important. If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure I saw Nightbreeze or one of my other friends. How did they get into camp without getting caught? I don't understand. And why would she be showing herself? I would think she knows how to be stealthy because she's Kagonesti but she's not acting like it. She disappears before I can get a better look to see if it's really her. Did my friends actually risk themselves to save me? I thought they didn't like me because I always annoy them with my stories. I wonder what the leaders name is. Is he an Elf or a really tall human? I want to know more about the leader but he never goes anywhere without wearing his armor. 

*Picture at the top of the chapter is the Highlord leader*