It Wasn't That Simple

Betty Pov:

It's been a few days now since I've woken up and honestly I feel like i'm losing my damn mind. Trying my best to remember something, anything but I simply can't, Jughead has been nothing but amazing and supportive and I'm glad he's decided to stick by my side though I know it must be hard for him since I can't really remember him. 

I will admit though Jughead is one sexy man and I can't wait to get out of here to explore that sexy body of his. I've had a lot on my mind but there is one thing that i would like to do once the doctor lets me go from this hell hole and lets me resume my life. Before I can put more thought into it, my lovely husband walks in alongside his best friend and from what it seems like one of his henchmen. 

"Hey beautiful, guess what?" Jughead says as he walks over to me and gives me a kiss on the lips. 

"I'm able to go home now?"I ask him sarcastically as I roll my eyes and cross my arms expecting him to say not but instead he says the complete opposite making my heart leap. 

"Actually yes, we can. I'm just getting some things situated and after everything is set we can leave" He tells me making me jump out of my bed and jump up and down in pure joy. "Oh finally I felt like i was going crazy here" I say feeling him snake his arms around my waist and pulls me in making me let out a small giggle.

"Are you ready to return to your life and live your life as my wife?" He asks me 

"Actually that's what I want to talk to you about" I tell him. He furrows his eyebrows together and I can tell that i've made him a bit nervous but he really shouldn't be. 

"Oh yeah? What did you want to tell me?" He asks in a shaky voice.

"Well since I can't really remember our wedding I was kind of hoping to like renew our vows?" I ask as I bite my lip in anticipation, hoping he says yes. He looks down at me with a serious expression making me nervous and I start to laugh from the same nerves that I'm feeling "It's okay if you don't wan to then we don't have too" I tell him slipping away from his grasp but all of a sudden he pulls me back and before I know it my lips are connected with his in a passionate kiss.

"So is that a yes?" I ask him through a chuckle as we pull away from our kiss. 

"that's a hell yes" He tells me making my heart jump in joy but before we can talk more about it, Fangs walks in.

"Everything is all set boss. We can go" He say 

"you ready to go home?" He asks me and I nod yes. 

"Okay, here" He tells me handing me a bag with clothes inside of it. 

"Get dressed and I'll be back in 10 minutes so we can go down to the car" He tells me, I nod once again grabbing the bag and walk into the restroom and begin to change, feeling excited about finally being able to go home. 

Charles POV:

"I'm going to ask you again! Where is he?"  I ask Veronica in anger and desperation but she just doesn't budge. She smirks at me and spits at me but doesn't say a word. 

I wipe my face off the spit and feel myself beginning to lose my patience. I was always taught to never hit a woman but this bitch is really just asking for it, I know she knows where Jughead is. 

"If you would have just let them be happy then none of this would have happened" She tells me making me look over at her in confusion. 

"What the hell are you talking about? I would never let Betty and Jughead be happy together, he's a fucking murderer" I spit out, looking around at everyone who is inside the room, which is only me, Archie and Hiram. 

Veronica simply laughs and stares over at me making me ever more confused as to what the fuck is going on. I furrow my eyebrows together and I think she notices my confusion because she stops laughing and just stares at me with sadness. 

"You know something, don't you?" I ask her, she hesitates and fidgets around in her seat the best she can for being tied up but still doesn't say anything. 

"Please, if you know anything please tell me I beg of you" I tell her "I buried my sister yesterday" I say as I begin to tear up, she looks over to the side and let's out just one tear. I was about to give up when I hear her say something but she doesn't say it loud enough for me to hear "What was that?" I ask her catching both Hiram's and Archie's attention.

"I said that I suggest you to talk to your mother" She tells me now looking at me straight in the eyes. 

"Unfortunately sweetheart, that's impossible. My mother died 2 years ago" I tell her 

"Well then that's too bad because from what it looks like they did it to you too" She tells me 

"Did what to me?" I ask her still confused. What the fuck is going on here?

"You really don't remember me do you?" She asks me 

"Why should I? I didn't even know you existed" I tell her making her look down.

"You once knew I did" She says 

and in that moment, something clicks in my head. I know who told captain Lodge to put Betty on this case.