Chapter Eight : The Masked Man

Previously : When Tengai had heard Chrono's voice, he moved his head to the side a bit, looking over his shoulder at the sight of you both. His eyes were barely open as his silver hues moved around. He calmly kept walking forward until he saw the knife in your hand, right after stopping. His eyes grew wide before he completely turned around, looking quite startled at the sight of the weapon. "What are you doing!?"

𓆟𓆜𓆟𓆜𓆟𓆜𓆟𓆜𓆟𓆜𓆟𓆜𓆟𓆜𓆟

You stared into the soul of the startled male, clearly knowing now that you were in trouble. You were about to speak up, but Chrono had beaten you to it.

"Do you really think that she wouldn't try and do nothing to get out of here? She's more clever than you think, Tengai. And Overhaul is a smart man... He wouldn't just want anyone, would he? Besides, this piece of cheap metal wouldn't do anything to you." The grey haired male calmly explained before taking the knife out of your hand, soon throwing it against the wall. The knife harshly hit the side of the wall, leaving a large scratch before falling onto the floor. "Now see? And get a better knife next time, will you?" He glanced at you from the corner of his eye before walking away from the sight of the two of you.

Tengai watched Chrono walk away before turning back around, not bothering to take another look at you. You slowly followed behind him, getting a sick feeling in your stomach that something terrible was about to happen. And if this wasn't bad enough.

Not many seconds later, Tengai stopped in front of a large door leading into a room. He turned his head towards you with an emotionless expression before asking you something you wouldn't have expected.

"Name?"

You stood there silently for a few long seconds before clearing your throat and replying to his question. "Why do you want to know my name?" You questioned him as you arched a brow, not sure if you should truly answer or not.

With the same emotionless expression as before, Tengai calmly answer you back. "Seems like you'll be staying here for quite a while, so I think it would be respectful to know your name."

"Respectful!?" You scoffed in disbelief, not sure if you should take this guy seriously or not. You weren't sure what to make out of this whole situation.

After a moment of silence once again, you had finally given in. "The names Y/N..."

"Tengai... Overhaul is in there..." The silver haired male trailed off before staring at the door in conflict. He slightly shook his head before turning around and walking a couple of steps away. "Walk in there, and don't get yourself killed... The masked man holds powers no man has held before." He quietly mumbled before he continued to walk away from you, so far away that you couldn't see him anymore.

You stood there with fear rising up within you body, not moving from your spot in the slightest. You remember what you saw when you first saw this man. You saw a dead body on the floor... broken and beyond repair...

You slowly moved your eyes towards the handle of the door, staring at it for a good bit before grabbing it. You squeezed the handle of the door before taking a deep breath and swinging the door open. The door made a loud sound as it hit the wall, slowly moving back to it original state.

"Maybe that was a bad idea..." You whispered under you breath before walking into the room, seeing file, paperwork, and... cleaning supplies. Lots and lots of cleaning supplies-

"What are you staring at?" A deep yet stern voice questioned you from the other side of the room, having no emotions in his tone at all. There sat the man of your nightmares, Overhaul.