Prologue

I stood in front of the black rusted gates that had an arch that read, Restwood Cemetery. I strolled through the different thin pathways. Passing many different sized and shaped headstones, some decorative, some clean and swept, and some abandoned. I can't help but to think someday we will all face the same fate. I stopped in front of a medium size headstone with some candles and brown leaves around. Bending down on my knees I whipped away all the dirt and leaves away. I took out a lighter from my bag and lit the candles.

"You know I hate cemeteries." I said looking down.  "Can't believe you made me come here; but it is a nice fall day." I continued.

I pulled put a plastic cup, carton of milk, Hersheys syrup, a plastic spoon, and a pack of double stuffed oreos out the shopping bag. I poured the milk into the cup and added my favored amount of chocolate syrup. I stirred up the drink and opened the pack of oreos and replied, "Remember these bad boys."

I twisted the oreo open, licking the white cream filling off. Dunking the black cookie parts in the milk before eating them.

"This is the part where you would cringe in disgust calling me an abomination." I chucked.

"I remember the late nights when I'd wake up crying and you would be there. Over the years, during nights like those you would sneak me some oreos and we would listen to music sharing ear buds."

"All the small things count." I said truthfully. 

I ate several oreos in silence appreciating some peace and quiet. I chugged down the chocolate milk to clear my throat. I sat there for a few moments in silence, thinking about all the reasons you shouldn't be gone.

"I heard you were a hero. Risking your life for all of those kids." I said looking up to the grey clouded blue skies.

"I didn't want to believe it, but I knew it was true. I knew you would be a hero for those kids because you were mine."

"You have saved me, too." 

"You never gave up on me, during those long five years together." 

"Honestly I wish you could see me now."

"You were right about me; I am some badass  who would flip the bird to the world."

"I'm out here kicking ass. If you weren't in my life, I think I would of been six feet under a long time ago."

"Scratch that, I wouldn't be six feet under, I would much rather be ash scattered across the ocean. A sense of freedom with my ashes drifting in the waves of the vast ocean, rather than be trapped in a coffin six feet underground." I said getting off topic like always.

"OOoh sorry. Hope I didn't offend any of the dead here." I apologized looked at all the near by headstones. Literally hoping I wouldn't be haunted by ghosts.

"I wanted to ask you a question.... more like an approval." I said looking at the lit candle flickering against the small cool breeze.

"I've found a new way of living... a choice of life that makes me feel free."

"I'm sure you have seen a glimpse of it from that place after death."

"I've become an asshole." I said with the straightest face I could muster.

I busted out chuckling to myself.

"Good one right?"

"I'm actually training to become an assassin."

"If you were here now, you'd tell me I'm being reckless. You would most definitely worry about me making stupid decisions. Yet, you would of still loved me for who I was. I know that this road I'm taking is dangerous, but its how I'm going to fight for the things taken from me in life. I wouldn't feel true to myself if I didn't make this choice. Besides, I would of just rebelled against your words." I said gaining my resolve.

"It felt nice to talk to you again." I said softly while cleaning up.

"I think it's time to say goodbye."

" I'm going to finally live now. I hope you won't be too disappointed. " I said with a smile.

"I love you."

I blew out the candle and wiped the tear from my cheek. I stood up dusting myself off. I made my away back to the entrance of the cemetery. The car honked at me five times to get a move on. 

"TIME TO GO!" She yelled in her high-pitch preppy voice.

The backseat window rolled down, "Yeah, I thought you hated cemeteries." He said smirking showing his dimples. 

I rolled my eyes slowly at them as I was getting into the drivers seat. I adjusted the front mirror while pulling the clutch to drive and sped off.