~chαptєr 8~

''''''''''''''''

They all attacked you at once.

≿----- ❈ -----≾

You weren't dumb. When they all ran at you, you weren't expecting hugs and praise. Each of them had every intention to pummel you into the ground. Or, at least get rid of one opponent. You spun around, towards the person who had come behind you and enclosed you into this circle.

You attempted to push them out of the boundary, just like you did to the guy with the claws. They rose their hand at you and you flinched, raising your hands from pure instinct. Instead of this person attacking you, a large thump came from behind you.

You were confused and attempted to turn around. When your eyesight began transcending into something more fuzzy and unfocused, you made a hasty realization. The frail guy, -who's left arm was now beefed up and large- had hit you on the back of the head.

You held your body up, which was somewhat of a formidable feat. There were plenty of nerve endings in your head and functions that kept you alive, so getting a blow like that was difficult to endure, especially with your quirk. You held your head and your legs shook a little, but you were still standing.

Using your healing ability wouldn't be the best idea right now, considering you could become pessimistic afterward and your stamina would be all but depleted. You had no choice but to use your primary quirk and your fighting ability to fend them off.

You stood up straight after taking that moment to collect yourself. It would be okay, anyway. You moved over and twitched a little. NR didn't make you a fighter immediately. You had to learn. NR did give your punches force, though, and could electrocute your opponent if you learned to.

These were upperclassmen, not villains. While you were kind of sure they were breaking rules, their aim wasn't to kill you. Your stance eased some.

The familiar feeling of NR coursing through your arms at a quickened pace excited you. You backed away from the "fragile" boy and towards one of the people on the side. She grinned at you as if challenging you to strike her.

You approached the girl, carefully at first before running at her with your fist forward. Small blue sparks crackled around your knuckles. They'd played dirty by cornering you so you played foul by throwing your punch straight to her gut. The fair-skinned girl doubled. You kept your stance tight, in case she got back up. When she didn't move, instead of leaving her, you picked her up and slid her out of bounds. She got up and walked away. Your eyebrows scrunched in unbridled confusion but turned back around. The frail guy had snuck up on you, his arm raised. You jumped back, a gasp slipping from your lips.

He let go of his quirk and his arm became thin again. You took the opportunity and ran at him, sweeping his legs from under him. He had attempted to thicken his body parts when you came but ended up being a few seconds too late. Instead, he delivered a powerful punch to your stomach.

A couple of tears welled up in your eyes. You huffed and held your abdomen, backing up from him. He advanced, but you spun around him with NR enhancing your speed. You kneed him in the back of his knees. The redhead seemed to have some kind of time limit when he thickened and unthickened his limbs, so you decided to take advantage of that.

You held him down as you tried to formulate some kind of method. You knew he would be able to use his quirk and throw you off soon, so you had to hurry. You used NR in your arms and grabbed him by the ankle. Spinning his extraordinarily light body around, you whirled him out of bounds.

He attempted to thicken his legs, to keep him inside the boundary but ended up doing so a couple of seconds too late, further anchoring him outside of the bounds. You supposed the group that had cornered you was planning on attacking you together, but after seeing you take the redhead boy's hard-hit let you take them on one by one, to be fair.