Chapter 4

"Daniel. Can I talk to you?" I get into the car. I wonder what they're talking bout but for damn sure, it's all bout business. "Sure, sir." He glanced at me and I take my phone out. I don't want to have that 'lock eyes' moment with him. "Miss, do you want to stay here or I'll send you home first?"

"I'm good. Let's just wait for them."

"Okay."

It's been around 1 hour I wait for them to stop talking. I sighed and an unknown number send me a text. I try to figure out who could it be but, it seems like no one came into my mind.

"Do you want to play some games?"

I only stare at the message. "Callie? You're okay?" I look up as our eyes meet. "I'm fine, Daniel. Where's my dad?" I asked. "He needs to take another phone call..." I nod. I turn around. There's no sight of dad and where the fuck is he be? "Are you sure that-

"Yea... Don't worry." I take a deep breathe. I try to text dad on the same time. A few minutes pass by, I start to feel anxious. Dad didn't replied or at least answer the call. I wait another 10 minutes but then I heard multiple of gunshots followed by people shouting.  From this moment, I know this is not a good sign. I should go out and find dad. "CALLIE! YOU CANT GO OUT THERE!!!"

Even if I can hear him clearly but I choose to ignore him instead. I know he's trying to warn me that it's not safe to just walk around without myself being aware of what's really happening. But, I can't stay put if dad isn't here with me. What kinda daughter that just let his dad being in danger and they possibly the victim in this crime scene.

"Dad... Come on... Where are you?please... Don't leave me,yet."

I saw a group of people gather around, probably the victim of the gunshot. The chaotic of it literally makes me want to just shout at them don't crowd the victim, just incase the medic team came. "He's dead?" A woman said. She sounds like she's not sure whether that person is dead or alive. I get closer to approach her. I twap on her shoulder. "I'm sorry but can you please move aside a bit?"

"Are you his daughter?" I blinked. "I, let me see first." She nod and ask those who are standing in front of her to give a way for me to walk.

"Thanks." I said. She smiled and mouthed 'welcome'. I take, a step then another step. I hate it as I suddenly starts to sweat. Why am I being nervous? Maybe that person isn't my dad? I shook my head, with a full hope to let the negative thoughts to just go away in seconds. I close my eyes and open it as my feet stop myself from walking. "Dad? I'm-

"Calliena! Callie!" Daniel shouted. "I, dad? Can you hear me?? Dad... You shouldn't just leave me like this. You told me you'll never leave, even if I'm not longer stay with yo.... Dad? SOMEONE?! PLEASE. HELP ME!!! WHY ARE YOU JUST STARING AT THIS MAN AND DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO HELP HIM-

"Callie, he's going to be fine... Someone just called them and the medic is already here and we'll send him to the hospital as soon as possible. She didn't mean to shout at everyone like that, I hope everyone understands why she acts this way... I'm sorry for her behalf." He help me to get up.

"I-

"Shuh, everything will be fine... Come on, let's go." I can feel everyone are staring at me. They probably think I'm almost losing my mind as I yell at them. I can't stand seeing dad just lying on the ground unconscious. I don't want to let my hope high. Though, I keep telling myself that dad will make it. He will, eventually.

"Daniel... Do you think my dad-

"Callie, we still don't know, whether it's a minor or worst or maybe he's got shot at the other parts of his body and maybe he's lucky enough.... Just don't lose hope yet. If he's not longer breathing, and you know, it's the time and you have to brace yourself, kay? I'll always be there for you. Your dad trusts me, Callie. You don't have to worry. I'm going to make sure no one is going to hurt you... Even if I've to be honest that whoever that person is, maybe he or she have been targeting your family and your dad is the main target here... You, or anyone that's close to your dad, probably the next one to be killed. Do you have a faith in me?"

"Yes. But, don't make me regret this, Daniel..."